IT.COM

poll Which site could a company waste most dollars on choosing a name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which site can a company waste most dollars on buying a domain

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Squadhelp

votes
    57.1%
  • Brandpa

votes
    0.0%
  • Pot Domains

votes
    0.0%
  • SEDO

votes
    0.0%
  • Afternic

vote
    14.3%
  • Namepros

votes
    0.0%
  • Epik

votes
    0.0%
  • OTHER say which

votes
    28.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
Everybody has a tight budget. But most sites never care when domain name customers are spending time and money (1000'S OF DOLLARS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MONEY ETC) looking for domain names... or maybe they do care.

If I lived in the USA, I might actually consider suing some companies for denying me access to better names for my sites when I have entered into an agreement with them that they will present me with great names for my site but have NOT done so, and that a competitor could snap up later when it was, at that time, within our grasp, but not presented to us.

= BIG FAT LAWSUIT

I personally can think of a few naming sites that take 100's of dollars AND (1000's of dollars in company time) from their clients and totally deny them from the great names that they might want in favour of their prebought names etc. Essentially denying the customer from the service they paid for under contract.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
There are a LOT of potentially FAT lawsuits that could and should happen.

•••
Scenario for a lawsuit: "I have contact with a company for a domain name that they want from me, after having bought a domain name they no longer want on a platform. My domain was available on the same platform but they couldn't see it, now it is sold to another company."

Company paid $100's of dollars in and $1000's of dollars in personell hours sifting through...

Last edited:
•••
I am struggling to understand "site" = registrar. When you type a name are they brokering it to someone and you are getting a not available message or registered message when it is available. What do you mean your not offered better names? Are you thinking up these better names or expect a bot to give you a suggestion to suit your liking. I have read this a few times trying to get head around what your trying to say. You do also realise a law suit would mean you have a dollar amount your out of pocket and how no other circumstances would effect outcome.

•••
I voted for "Other", because IMHO Uniregistry have the most fearsome, overpriced, non-negotiable, sales people I have ever encountered. Good for the sellers (it they still make sales), but bad luck for the poor buyers. Of course there are many different factors, which go into a successful sale. The domain, the willingness to negotiate or not to negotiate, the pricing strategy, and more. Such as the number of domains you buy for any 1 project :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back