IT.COM

registrars Which Registrar is the cheapest?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How much to you usually pay for a handregistered .COM-Domain?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $1

votes
    0.0%
  • $2

votes
    0.0%
  • $3

vote
    7.7%
  • $4

vote
    7.7%
  • $5

vote
    7.7%
  • $6

vote
    7.7%
  • $7

vote
    7.7%
  • >$8

votes
    61.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

NipNicDomains

Established Member
Impact
I wonder how much you guys pay for a .COM Domani in general. What is the cheapest Registrar for .COM-Domains, and would you recommend to buy cheap but therefore maybe renounce good service?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you use a cheap registrar, make sure you can transfer the name away if you sell it.

•••
Always use coupons when buying, if you get a good deal, you can buy .COM from $4-$7 each. Some good registrars such as: Godaddy ($1 .COM on 1st yr), Namecheap ($0.48 for many extensions), 1&1 ($1. COM/1st yr), NameSilo ($5.99 .COM/1st yr), DirectNIC ($4.17 .COM/1st yr) and many other guys.

You can visit here to find: https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-coupons-and-offers.358/

•••
You are asking for trouble if you are wanting cheap registered .COM domains without any problems. ALA $0.99 at 1and1, for example. Of the ones mentioned by @daica85, I would only recommend NameCheap and NameSilo. I've been in this business for over 10 years, and I wouldn't recommend any of the other of these companies he mentions. Even GoDaddy are overly complicated, the way they are setup today. They seem to have bugs in their control panel which might cause you to pull your hair out. Their up-selling is also legendary. Their renewals are not cheap at all, at about $15. IIRC.

I voted for $8 plus. Which is basically cost price to the Registrar. Anything lower are going to obviously need the Registrar to make their money up somewhere else. Anything less, and you are going to need to find a cheaper registrar for the next year, because Renewals will not be the cheapest. I skip pretty much all these cheap offers in favor of a reliable registrar with a good control panel and good service, and fair prices. Because time is money. You'll be posting in another year, where to find the cheapest Registrar Transfers. And finally on the 2nd renewal (year 3) you will have to decide on a decent cheap registrar, ;like NameCheap or NameSilo. Your efforts on finding the cheapest Registrar and Cheapest Transfer Registrar will be worth almost zero, at that point.

•••
•••
Many domain registrars offer domain registration service to users, but the quality of service given by the domain registrar will decide which is the best from the rest. Hence users need to avail the service before the experiencing the deliverability of the service.

•••
The cheapest registrar today, will probably be the most expensive for renewals, and will probably make it difficult to move names away from them.

•••
The best CURRENT unlimited deal is @AlpNames - $5.99 dot COM reg AND transfers. Great support and they are active on the forum as well. They have standard renewal prices at $8.75.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/an...od-registrar-alpnames-5-99-no-limits.1024292/

They have simple and free transfer away and will even expedite by request

Personally, I live in the Coupon section, so for my Standby list I wait for specials, I have paid from $1.36 to $6, although I pay full price or more ($9-16) for desktop catching with API.

My best "full price" registrar is wire pre-funded Epik at $8.10 dot COM reg renew transfer

@NipNicDomains - read the threads about past specials and be familiar with a few registrars to be ready for a promo. How many domains do you currently have and how many to you purchase per month?

•••
Does anyone have an overview of the domain registrars including registration- and transfer fees for .com's?

Namesilo are at $6.99 at the moment, which seems to be the best deal from the popular brands.

•••
Does anyone have an overview of the domain registrars including registration- and transfer fees for .com's?

Namesilo are at $6.99 at the moment, which seems to be the best deal from the popular brands.

I think you already have the answer to your question.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back