NameSilo

question Which one is correct in English ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which one is correct ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • PrivatePlaneTalk.info

votes
    88.9%
  • PrivatePlaneTalks.info

vote
    11.1%
  • PrivatePlanesTalk.info

votes
    0.0%
  • PrivatePlanesTalks.info

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

xrvel

i love automationVIP Member
Impact
Because my main language is not English, which one is correct? :)

PrivatePlaneTalk.info,
or
PrivatePlanesTalk.info,

I assume the first is the correct one?

Thank you :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To me PrivatePlaneTalk would be individuals talking about their experiences with and knowledge of private planes.

PrivatePlaneTalks could be a collection of presentations about private planes. Think TED talks for example.

•••
PrivatePlaneTalk.info - RIGHT, but "designers talk" is better than "designer talk"

•••
To me PrivatePlaneTalk would be individuals talking about their experiences with and knowledge of private planes.

PrivatePlaneTalks could be a collection of presentations about private planes. Think TED talks for example.
Thanks, i didn't know "talks" is correct too.

PrivatePlaneTalk.info - RIGHT, but "designers talk" is better than "designer talk"
Thank you :)

•••
•••
•••
I'm not sure. But I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

•••
I don't mean to sound harsh.. Though really none make sense.. Private plane talk ?

•••
I don't mean to sound harsh.. Though really none make sense.. Private plane talk ?
That's just an example, it's not the real domain ;)

•••
•••
I'm assuming you changed the words as an example, perhaps you can give us a better example of words? Let me try to break it down anyways.

I like PrivatePlaneTalk putting your adjective first, and noun last. If you use Plane (plural) the literal translation is PrivatePlanesTalk turning talk into a verb inferring that private planes can talk. Another form of this can be TalkPrivatePlanes, but it all depends what key words you wanted to highlight.

This example might be too hard to fully understand, especially when throwing the .info to the mix. Feel free to give us another example to break down.

In the mean time check out a sentence parser, it will identify your parts of speach. Learning this will help a long way in correcting your english, and assesing domains.

http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/submit-sentence-4.html

** if you use the parser for domain searches, it won't always identify the parts of speach, because it doesn't register as a sentence. **

You can always check to see which form of the word is searched more on Google adwords. To get more exact results for the best english form, you can try either (a) setting your results to english only, or (b) -this will work best, but takes more time to set up - set adwords to use the following list of countries with the highest english as first language population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

•••
•••
I'm assuming you changed the words as an example, perhaps you can give us a better example of words? Let me try to break it down anyways.

I like PrivatePlaneTalk putting your adjective first, and noun last. If you use Plane (plural) the literal translation is PrivatePlanesTalk turning talk into a verb inferring that private planes can talk. Another form of this can be TalkPrivatePlanes, but it all depends what key words you wanted to highlight.

This example might be too hard to fully understand, especially when throwing the .info to the mix. Feel free to give us another example to break down.

In the mean time check out a sentence parser, it will identify your parts of speach. Learning this will help a long way in correcting your english, and assesing domains.

http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/submit-sentence-4.html

** if you use the parser for domain searches, it won't always identify the parts of speach, because it doesn't register as a sentence. **

You can always check to see which form of the word is searched more on Google adwords. To get more exact results for the best english form, you can try either (a) setting your results to english only, or (b) -this will work best, but takes more time to set up - set adwords to use the following list of countries with the highest english as first language population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
Thank you for the detail. :)
I am looking for domain name for a forum.
However the keywords are 2 words (adjective + noun).
So i think it's better to be ended in "forum" (or forums) / "talk" (or talks).

So it should be :
- adjective + noun + forum -- or -- adjective + noun + forums
or
- adjective + noun + talk -- or -- adjective + noun + talks

In running a forum i read somewhere that "forums" is more correct than "forum",
so i wonder if "talks" is more correct than "talk" in term of forum :)

•••
Now we're getting somewhere! Forum by definition is a much better word to use than talk when dealing with online communities.
Forum.JPG

Here's a break down of a drop I considered registering yesterday, and posted on my list of available drops https://www.namepros.com/threads/todays-available

Domain: CommunitysForum.com
Community Forum SV.JPG

Community Talk.JPG

Houston.JPG

(1) <Targeted Keyword><SecondaryKeywordforum>.com What I mean by this is say you have a choice between TexasRealEstate.com Texas is your targeted Keyword, and RealEstate is your secondary keyword. In this example, it's obvious that TexasRealEstate.com is the premium domain based off of the searches and the previous rule of thumb about Targeted Keyword (ie people in Texas) However, you can't always follow search trends as is the case for ApplianceRepairHouston.com vs HoustonApplianceRepair.com Also note, that the suggested bid being higher for <TargetKeyword><SecondaryKeyword> is not always the case as in here.

(2) The S would decide on the type of website you are creating. For example, if I was creating a free dating site, I would name it FreeDatingSite.com but if I was creating a site about free dating sites, I would name it FreeDatingSites.com. Even so, the rule of thumb is the singular form of the word is generally the better of the two domains, but there are always exceptions. Take this site for example, they own both NamePro.com and NamePros.com, yet they choose to operate using the plural form. Even after, according to the whois, they had first registered NamePro.com in 2001, and NamePros.com in 2003. If you are planning in developing the site, I would say get both of the names for brand protection and beta purposes.

CommunityForum.com has more searches, and would be my choice for a website with different types of communities.

CommunityForums.com would be used as a community for forums, perhaps as a directory to other reviewed forums. Basically a forum to talk about forums.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
•••
Now we're getting somewhere! Forum by definition is a much better word to use than talk when dealing with online communities.
Thank you, that helps me a lot :)
And i'm sure it will help other members too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back