Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Which one has better chance?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

irvin

Established Member
Impact
1
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to this domain naming thing.
I have a quick easy to answer question.

Which of these do you think will have better change to be listed on the google result page when a user type the keywords like:

Keywords: "expiring domains" (note: two separate words)

Is it:
1. www.expiring-domains.com???
OR is it:
2. www.expiringdomains.com???

It seems to me if you have a two-words domain, for example let's call it www.bestdomains.com, you have a much better chance to be listed on the google search result page when a user search using the keywords like "bestdomains" (note: those two words are connected).

Any comments??
Cheers,
Irvin :wave:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
google treat hyphen as space.
theoratically, hyphenated keyword domain should be better for SEO.
 
0
•••
Righto, I would say that IF you have the developed ".COM" website "expiringdomains.com" ... that you could help to effectively promote it and gain eyeballs having the domain name "expiring-domains.com" out there and optimized in the S/E's, IMHO. So, I would agree, in theory, with Neon with regard to general SEO.
If you don't have the non-hyphenated site developed, it could be a bit problematic to promote/utilize the hyphenated domain name in the S/E's, in my view. Utilizing simple "keywords", however - Google Adwords, etc. - is different than using actual domain names.
A SEO/Google expert here can certainly state this better than I have, hardly my forte! :guilty:
:wave:
 
0
•••
Hi Irvin. Good Question.
For overall branding purposes expiringdomains.com would be the one I would use.
Recent data indicates google is becoming freindlier in terms of listing keyword inclined domains, but incunclusive to the hyphenated aspect of your presentation.
There is much debate on hyphens within domains. I've heard SEO experts both for and against. I would agree that for S/E optimization a hyphenated domain with proper focus on keywords could be inclined for a higher listing, but overall bad for your enduser to remember when visiting your site since most would be preset to type both words together eg. expiringdomains.com.
Link Pop, Back links and proper page content IMHO rise above all with the little googlebot.
For domains, get both the domain with and with out the hyphen when possible.
That's my two cents anyways.:)
 
0
•••
Thanks very much to everyone for your insights.

I'm thinking to register two domains, with and without hypen ones (as ExpireGuy suggested).

Another issue to consider is for the end user to remember my site. A case example:
1. Expiringdomain.com (without hypen, single form)
2. Expiring-domain.com (with hypen, single form)
3. Expiringdomains.com (without hypen, plural form)
4. Expiring-domains.com (with hypen, plural form)

Would u guys also suggest me to register those last two names?
My plan is to redirect site 2, 3, 4, all to site 1.

What do u think guys? Is it worth the money to register those 2 additional names?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Irvin
 
0
•••
Originally posted by irvin
Thanks very much to everyone for your insights.

I'm thinking to register two domains, with and without hypen ones (as ExpireGuy suggested).

Another issue to consider is for the end user to remember my site. A case example:
1. Expiringdomain.com (without hypen, single form)
2. Expiring-domain.com (with hypen, single form)
3. Expiringdomains.com (without hypen, plural form)
4. Expiring-domains.com (with hypen, plural form)

Would u guys also suggest me to register those last two names?
My plan is to redirect site 2, 3, 4, all to site 1.

What do u think guys? Is it worth the money to register those 2 additional names?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Irvin

i guess if u are in for the long term(branding etc), a few more $$ for extra names wont hurt. you can use it to redirect traffic to your main site;) imaho
 
0
•••
In most cases, I prefer the singular over the plural.

Good-luck,
ST
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy
In most cases, I prefer the singular over the plural.

Good-luck,
ST

I'd say I have to agree....but like redhippo was saying too, once you've made up your mind, you can use both names and just redirect traffic as well..

Good luck
 
0
•••
Okay guys,
I've got some domain names registered with hypens like expiring-domains.com

What should I do with them in order to bring in some traffic? Where to start, and what to do at first and in the long term to make these domains have better value?

I'm very new to all these stuff, I've heard sedo, stuff like that but don't really understand what their benefits are, and what should I do with yet-to-develop/use domains.

All of you domain experts, please help, please help giving me your advice...cheers! :ohlala:
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back