Domain Empire

new gtlds Which next nGTLD(s) will have big impact

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
We got 29 CEOs to tell us their one killer next nGTLD and the dot App is the winner. What's really interesting is that they think dot Hotel, dot Tour and dot Architect sounds better than a dot Com domain (more credible in the eyes of consumers). Btw, we bet on the wrong extension; dot Web. Ask around, and let us know your results.

nextgtlds.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a very good question and it needs a little bit deep research. You need to do a forecasting which business can boom in near future.? How much that business will impact internet ? But after looking at these nGTLDs . I can say that nGtlds related to religion are not going to work.

.ads, .free, .hotel, .insurance. They all will work now as well as in future. IMO

•••
I can say that nGtlds related to religion are not going to work.

.religion will have a very small applicants base and must be supported by the community to which it is directed (religious movements, spiritual groups ... holding accreditation (registered) through the local gov. or accepted (manifest integration) by local community).
Bandwidth eater :)

•••
Noticed some Google gTLDs in that group. Google is completely clueless on new gTLDs. As for IT CEOs, most would have difficulty in remembering any gTLD other than .COM or their local ccTLD.

Regards...jmcc

•••
.religion will have a very small applicants base and must be supported by the community to which it is directed (religious movements, spiritual groups ... holding accreditation (registered) through the local gov. or accepted (manifest integration) by local community).
Bandwidth eater :)

Religious groups are not going to pay a penny for a domain .... :xf.laugh:

•••
As for IT CEOs, most would have difficulty in remembering any gTLD other than .COM or their local ccTLD.

You are right! All of them they are the owners of the TM and will reserve that dot App domain name but they will not hesitate to help themselves to just about anything they can catch & profit. One thing for sure; the emails will always stay in .Com zone.

Last edited:
•••
Religious groups are not going to pay a penny for a domain .... :xf.laugh:

99.9% not, maybe tax payers via government subsidies for religion. :xf.grin:

•••
The problem is nowdays even firm believers from yesterday are dropping their premiums today. Because the things didnt improve, in conterary they are getting worse each day.

•••
Because the things didnt improve, in conterary they are getting worse each day.

You are right! No sign of fast-forward growth. We are at the end of the startup & crowdfunding era. In other words, the nGTLDs receiving perception without attention and there is no more extra room for “sensing” domain names.

•••
•••
Which of the previous ones did?

•••
they are all a bunch of crap.
Well said! Waste of time and money, too.
I'd rather pay NOT to have any of them in my portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
We got 29 CEOs to tell us their one killer next nGTLD and the dot App is the winner. What's really interesting is that they think dot Hotel, dot Tour and dot Architect sounds better than a dot Com domain (more credible in the eyes of consumers). Btw, we bet on the wrong extension; dot Web. Ask around, and let us know your results.

nextgtlds.jpg
I believe that .LLC is the sleeper on this list

•••
Nice discussion here,

I own only one dotStroage

INFINITE.STORAGE

and 4 DotAfrica because I work with that continent

Startups.africa
Parts.africa
as I own Africa.parts
Analytics.Africa
Dairy.Africa

•••
Probably, it was available whole December'2016 for ~$100 (if I remember correctly their fee)...
Was even banner on this forum...
But then Registry stopped/postponed all regs on December'2017...

Yes it was and I am glad I bought mine otherwise one would have to pay that yearly I might renew it for 10 years and see how the 850$ investment pays off in 10 years if I am alive by then :) InshaAllah

•••
Well said! Waste of time and money, too.
I'd rather pay NOT to have any of them in my portfolio.

You can send me an online payment via PayPal.

•••
You can send me an online payment via PayPal.
Ha!!
I don't (and never will) have any of those jaundice lot in my portfolio. Nothing to remove, nothing to sanitize. No job for you, No payment to you, sorry!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back