IT.COM

Which is your favorite bulk domain checker and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is your favorite bulk domain checker?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Dynadot

votes
    0.0%
  • Directnic

votes
    0.0%
  • Moniker

votes
    0.0%
  • EuroDNS

votes
    0.0%
  • 101domain

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Trent1000

Top Member
Impact
I was going to ask the question if you know any better alternatives to NameBright's bulk checker, and then I thought why not create a poll and see the results. I tried to collect the most mainstream bulk checkers out there, and what I found in Google but if you know more, don't keep it inside.

My vote goes for Namebright and here is why:

Pros:
- You can download your search results into different document types
- Searches up to 5000 names
- They seperate avail. and unavailable results from each other, so clear overview

Cons:
- Often it goes haywire and even though it shows loading, it does nothing (no clear cache, no browser restart helps it)
- Only a few extensions allowed.

So which is your favorite, and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like NameBright for this but it doesn't work all the time as stated above

•••
I like NameBright for this but it doesn't work all the time as stated above
Especially the last few weeks I found it incapable of doing anything. I thought they limited my access based on my IP for using it too frequently, so tried it from different computers, different internet providers, but didn't work either, so I may not be the reason.

Started using Directnic's bulk checker instead, as they are the only other that seperates available and unavailable from each other and where you can export them out by copying all the domains. But they sometimes just forget to add a large portion of the imported data. But it's actually surprisingly good.

•••
Popping in this old post to see if anyone has any other favorites. My fave was GoDaddy (as they split the results into available and unavailable with a tally) so I can readily only look at available which is highly important to me. And I love seeing the tally next to available (60 of 2500, for example).

However, while GD says you can search 5,000 domains at once, they also have a cap where they stop allowing searches at some point during the day. It resets overnight but sometimes I only receive a subset during the day and it's annoying. So I need a backup when they put me into partial block. Dynadot and NameCheap bulk search results are no good (just long lists of thousands of names not filtered or tallied). Anyone have a fave I can check out?

Sadly, NameSilo stops at 500 and they have no tally. I need at least 1,500 bulk searches.

EDIT: After some digging, it appears Dynadot mirrors GoDaddy in many ways (it wasn't initially obvious to me). Sort results by "list view" rather than "grid view" and you can see only avail with a tally. Sadly they cap results at 1,000. Would be great if they would increase that somewhat.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back