IT.COM

Which is the most important IDN-website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm very interested.
It could be a chinese one, probably.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could you rephrase your question. Do you mean 'forum' or actual 'website' ?

•••
•••
Phio said:
Could you rephrase your question. Do you mean 'forum' or actual 'website' ?

I mean the most visited website which has an IDN URL.

•••
The highest one I know of is a thai IDN that gets 300,000 hits a month.

Last edited:
•••
Phio said:

is that server hits, pageviews, or unique visitors - all very different beasts.

•••
Phio said:
That's probably a typo of a famous website like google (or actual name of).
This sort of things can be big but don't last. I think davnin meant something else.

Last edited:
•••
I think davnin meant "I mean the most visited website which has an IDN URL."

•••
As far as I can remember it's a thai idn, with one of the top 10 worldwide keywords, not a typo, as far as unique visitors not sure really, but I doubt it's bot activity for this term.

Most companies in the top 20 alexa (for each language) will probably be adding a sister site (for redirection) in 2009 with the idn equivalent or one that they choose. Many have already purchased them well in advance.

•••
Phio said:
As far as I can remember it's a thai idn, with one of the top 10 worldwide keywords, not a typo, as far as unique visitors not sure really, but I doubt it's bot activity for this term.

Most companies in the top 20 alexa (for each language) will probably be adding a sister site (for redirection) in 2009 with the idn equivalent or one that they choose. Many have already purchased them well in advance.

I think even in the most developed markets (and thai is far from that) a parked page for any keyword would not get as many visits.
In any case the fact that this name is sort of a secret sounds not right.
I have a couple of top keywords I should know.

•••
rr5127 said:
I think even in the most developed markets (and thai is far from that) a parked page for any keyword would not get as many visits.
In any case the fact that this name is sort of a secret sounds not right.
I have a couple of top keywords I should know.

Why do keep you not hearing the question that is being asked? It isn't about being a parked page, it is, and I quote: "I mean the most visited website which has an IDN URL."

That's a website, not a parked page. A website that uses an IDN, it couldn't be a much more straightforward idea. Nothing to do with type-ins or parking. Its' about developed websites using IDN domains.

•••
It's a thai developed website. I am not the owner so I'm not at liberty to give it out. Not a secret, I found out on another forum and verified the results with alexa. But in reality 89,000 unique visitors a week is not a big deal if you consider there are over 100,000 websites with better traffic than that. IDN.com

Last edited:
•••
Phio said:
It's a thai developed website. I am not the owner so I'm not at liberty to give it out. Not a secret, I found out on another forum and verified the results with alexa. But in reality 89,000 unique visitors a week is not a big deal if you consider there are over 100,000 websites with better traffic than that. IDN.com
It's just a bit strange that the fellow would not share his success.

Last edited:
•••
Phio said:

do you remember the URL?
I would like to take a look.

•••
davnin said:
do you remember the URL?
I would like to take a look.

http://เกมส์.com (xn--12c8d1a4fxc.com) which means games.com in Thai has received over 3.5 million monthly pageviews and 260,000 monthly unique visitors. It is believed to be one of the most visited IDNs in the world if not the most. If you use ie7 or higher or google chrome local version, you will see the domain name in unicode (local Thai script). If you use ie6 or lower or firefox once you find the domain name through google which is ranked #3 at the moment on google.co.th for the keyword "เกมส์" - ie games, you will instead be directed to http://thaigamez.com. The domain name has been dual branded to ensure that visitors don't see the punycode version (xn--12c8d1a4fxc.com) when their browsers don't support IDNs.

By the way Alexa is not a good tool for estimating/measuring Thai traffic as it doesn't appear to be able to track IDNs at the moment. Also, very few users know about Alexa and have them installed here in Thailand. A better stats tool is truehits.net run by the technology arm of the Thai government. You will have a better picture the site's daily stats here: http://truehits.net/stat.php?login=game

•••
Great. This just proves one thing: Great local keyword and a developed site brings traffic and get top rankings.
That's what we all miss. We have great local keywords which get searched for millions /month and we don't have money (or don't want to spend money) on/ for development. This needs to change and I applaud the pioneers here.

Last edited:
•••
rr5127 said:
Great. This just proves one thing: Great local keyword and a developed site brings traffic and get top rankings.
That's what we all miss. We have great local keywords which get searched for millions /month and we don't have money (or don't want to spend money) on/ for development. This needs to change and I applaud the pioneers here.

Quite right. You can get a decent site developed at elance or similar for $500 to $1000. If you say you don't have the development money, why not just drop the bottom 10% or 15% of your portfolio and invest instead in making a good site out of one of your top keywords. If you can get top ten at google, you are sure to make the money back very quickly.

•••
TrafficDomainer said:
http://เกมส์.com (xn--12c8d1a4fxc.com) which means games.com in Thai has received over 3.5 million monthly pageviews and 260,000 monthly unique visitors.

thanks, I tried to play ping-pong for a while :hehe:
it is a beautiful website...maybe too much banners

•••
I saw the 1 million Alexa list.

At 6.881: العاب-شمس.com

At 26.724: ポケモン.com

At 36.522: hentaienespañol.com

At 46.350: ポケモン攻略.com

•••
davnin said:
I saw the 1 million Alexa list.

At 6.881: العاب-شمس.com

At 26.724: ポケモン.com

At 36.522: hentaienespañol.com

At 46.350: ポケモン攻略.com

Any body knows the real meaning of those names. I don't know any of those language

•••
biztiger said:
Any body knows the real meaning of those names. I don't know any of those language

Plug them here

google.com/translate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back