IT.COM

.in Which domain to choose *.in or *.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I am planning a mini-site I would like to know which domain name would you recommend for me.

two key aspects to consider:

* I dont care about domain value (not interested in selling or tradeing it).

* I CARE about SEO - because it's a mini site and I want to get as much traffic as possible

Options:
1) ***************info.com
2) ***************.in

* - represents letters.

which one would you recommend? which one has better SEO? the first or second?

Looking forward for your answers,
Sylarrr

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is that posssible for you to work out on the solution when abbreviation is used for COM domain name?

•••
Is that posssible for you to work out on the solution when abbreviation is used for COM domain name?

what to you mean by work out the solution?

Also, i forgot to mention that my site would be global and in english.

•••
If the site it's global go with the .com
.in is for India. If your site it's for indian audience choose the .in

•••
If the site it's global go with the .com
.in is for India. If your site it's for indian audience choose the .in

This seems like good advice !

If your audience is primarly golbal AND your site is about information on a certain topic then you may want to consider the .info version of your keyword/s :

*********info.com eg. europeaninfo.com

*********.info eg. european.info

•••
.com, I'd only consider .in for sites with indian themes or domain hacks.

•••
.com, I'd only consider .in for sites with indian themes or domain hacks.

yes, .in for domain hacks 8-X
my .in site is ranking first on google.co.in for just 1 word.
on the second position there is .org site who owns .com and redirects to .org.

•••
While you might not care about the domain value or extension, you might want to consider the psychological impact that a bad extension can have on a website. I don't know about you all but I am less likely to click to visit a .in website when there are better .com .net or even .org developed sites.

Basically it comes down to credibility. Like others stated already, unless you are targeting geo I would avoid the .in

I am assuming the exact matching .net / .org are both taken?

Good luck

Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I am planning a mini-site I would like to know which domain name would you recommend for me.

two key aspects to consider:

* I dont care about domain value (not interested in selling or tradeing it).

* I CARE about SEO - because it's a mini site and I want to get as much traffic as possible

Options:
1) ***************info.com
2) ***************.in

* - represents letters.

which one would you recommend? which one has better SEO? the first or second?

Looking forward for your answers,
Sylarrr

•••
While you might not care about the domain value or extension, you might want to consider the psychological impact that a bad extension can have on a website. I don't know about you all but I am less likely to click to visit a .in website when there are better .com .net or even .org developed sites.

Basically it comes down to credibility. Like others stated already, unless you are targeting geo I would avoid the .in

Good luck

All other TLD's are allready registred.

Im going for the .com domain, thank you for yout answers.

•••

Good luck

Most users don't notice the domain name. They only see the title and the text snippet as presented by google. And yes most users will be visiting a content based site via google.

•••
if I see a .in, I may not click it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back