NameSilo

question Which Domain Reseller is Good option to start a Reseller website ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone,

I am interested in starting a Domain Reselling website. So Which Domain Reseller is Good option to start a Reseller website ?

Godaddy Domain Reseller or Reseller Club or Any other ?

Thanks in Advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you looking for someone who offers you a nice premade reseller website? If so, GoDaddy or ResellerClub would probably be the best options (ResellerClub is cheaper). If you're looking to do something more custom then Enom might be a good option. What are the biggest things you're looking for? Good prices? Good premade reseller website?

•••
Afaik, you cannot push a domain from a GoDaddy Reseller Account (WildWestDomains) to a GoDaddy account. It has to be another WildWestDomains Account. Please correct me if I' wrong.

•••
I believe that's correct, although I don't think you can push between WWD reseller accounts either. Not sure how this is applicable to the question though.

•••
I just wanted to make it clear that having a WWD Reseller account has to advantage, to any other non-GoDaddy associated account.

•••
I personally would go with an eNom Reseller. They are the oldest and biggest reseller and their control panel is one of the best I've ever seen. I still love their Magic Folders after all these years. I have an eNom Reseller account, although I don't resell domains. It's not my main domain account any more. I prefer Dynadot, where I can get personal attention and cheaper prices. Dynadot are not a reseller though. eNom's support is rather clunky, but it works.

•••
Guys i am asking about Domain reseller programs and i already know that we can not push a domain from Reseller to Godaddy account. But that's not the point.

I want to resell the domains.via Reseller programs. Like Godaddy and many others running. But i want to know who is offering Domains at Low cost ? Specially Top gtlds.

I think Enom is some what costly ?

•••
What about Tucows? I have seen many web host resell their domains.

•••
I think Tucows also costly. May be someone can light on this topic who using any Reseller program ?

What about Tucows? I have seen many web host resell their domains.

•••
Guys i am asking about Domain reseller programs and i already know that we can not push a domain from Reseller to Godaddy account. But that's not the point.

I want to resell the domains.via Reseller programs. Like Godaddy and many others running. But i want to know who is offering Domains at Low cost ? Specially Top gtlds.

I think Enom is some what costly ?

If you are only interested in the cheapest prices, that will depend on your volume. generally the larger the volume, the cheaper the prices. In which case I'd suggest Reseller Club. But I really don't care for their control panel. YMMV.

•••
But i think Godaddy have more opportunities ? Like cheap hosting, backorders, and Even they offer Domain parking which Reseller club do not offer ?

If you are only interested in the cheapest prices, that will depend on your volume. generally the larger the volume, the cheaper the prices. In which case I'd suggest Reseller Club. But I really don't care for their control panel. YMMV.

•••
@moneyman910 - GoDaddy domain parking is awful. You won't be satisfied with that. Don't they charge extra for that? They only pay you for the first click of a visitor, and other stuff like that. I've even heard of people being penalized if they are too successful at parking. You would be much better off going with a REAL parking company, which pays you for every click a visitor makes, like ParkingCrew, Voodoo, and Bodis.

Their backorders won't catch anything but the domain which drop and nobody else wants. ie: could be hand-regged. I've even had a GoDaddy hand-reg beat me on a GoDaddy backorder. How good is that? Their hosting is expensive because it's on a domain-by-domain basis. My experience with their hosting was only with their own control panel, which was as clunky as hell. But I understand they sell cPanel hosting as well now, which is the industry standard control panel. You would be much better getting a cheap $5/month (or less) unlimited webhosting.

None of the 3 things you mention are GoDaddy/WildWestDomains good at. They shouldn't be a consideration if you a looking for the cheapest priced Domain Reseller Account. WildWestDomains has a tiered pricing structure for their Reseller Accounts. The more you pay annually, the cheaper the prices. Look up their rates on their website. About the only good thing is their control panel, which a lot of people hate, but I think is very good. Your website is pretty easy to create, even if it looks exactly like every other Reseller Account, apart from the logo. They were also prone to go after your customers for hosting etc. But I don't know whether they still do that.

Resell.biz is another reseller you might investigate. I didn't mention them since they use the same control panel as ResellerClub.

Internet.bs probably has the lowest prices, but is preferred by most scammers in the world.

Personally I think choosing a Reseller Registrar is more than just the cheapest prices. Who supports your customers is very important, imho. So is the control panel. So is their reputation.

You need a whole lot of customers/domains under your control to make this worthwhile. Probably 1000 domains. The profit margins are wafer thin. If you earn just $0.50 profit on each domain (which you need to remain competitive) you make a whopping $500/year before expenses. You need to be selling your domains at rip-off prices to be profitable, and then you won't have many customers. You are competing with the megalith, GoDaddy with the cheapest prices and coupons. Do you think GoDaddy is going to let you beat them when they own your Reseller Network. Fat chance. It's a mugs game to start a domain reseller account, in these times. There. I said what I really think.

If you are looking for cheapest prices for only yourself. You can get $8.75 .com pricing with only $500/year spending at Dynadot. At Namebright you can get .com domains at cost plus the credit card/paypal charge of 3%. You will never beat that price. Apart from using GoDaddy coupons.

Last edited:
•••
I think Tucows also costly. May be someone can light on this topic who using any Reseller program ?
OpenSRS starts at $11 per domain and I believe this drops to $9 if you have 1000 domains AND has a $75 activation fee. Their UI looks like crap. They do offer a storefront, however that looks like crap as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back