Where's the happy middle?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

cindyda1

Established Member
Impact
1
I have posted before concerning abbreviated domain names..and gave examples of a few abbreviated forms I have... (i.e.-cruisepkg.com, honeymoonpkg.com, etc...). I am still having trouble figuring out why abbreviated versions of words/names are not a good idea...seems like everyone is looking for the shortest names possible these days and most all the good ones are taken...then when i reg a name that is fully spelled out, makes sense, easy to remember, dah, dah, dah, I am told "Not worth much, too long"...how do we compromise? I know the two examples are not good names, but what is a good abbreviated name...or how do you pick one...?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Cynthia IMO they have to be a common abbreviation and I agree sometimes even they do not do well, Look at OVerture and see what abbrevioations people search for. A lot of times someone sees a great name sell for $,$$$ and they think I can abbreviate that and get at least 15 to 25 %. Usually for branding purposes you do not want an abbreviation better to have a 3 character acronym IBM is International Business Machines THey did not go with IntBusMachines or INtbizmachines so abbreviations are very hard to make work an end user does not want the confusion that an abbrev can bring, and I take it you want to sell to an end user that will pay you some decent money not another domainer that will give you $20
 
0
•••
hapy middle

i see, makes sense...I won't be doing that anymore...I suppose better to have a longer name with more letters to type..Thanks for the enlightenment...
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back