Domain Empire

discuss Where to invest a spare $1,000?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello..

I have to make an investment of $1,000 in domain names.
I currently hold a portfolio of 100-200 .CO as an experiment to wait for outbound.
Have a liquid cash flow from geo domain names.
I wish to diversify in another field - maybe new gTLD, aged domain, buy some from aftermarket or something else.

What would your suggestions be?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those $350 auctions are selling for $800 - $2000 these days, a lot of stuff is going off at close to end user pricing. At the same time I have experienced a few second chance offers in the past month due to non paying high bidders, approx 4 which concerns me greatly.
Makes sense ,I recovered a domain a year ago I recovered a godaddy domain on the 43rd day ,only because I saw a bidding war by 2 buyers ,the domain sold for 550 , one of the buyers contacted me 2 days later and offered me half ,he said he was the winning bidder and thanked god ,when he got an email that the domain owner renewed the domain,he said he got caught in the moment in the action and the bottle of wine he was drinking dident help. So I guess ,your right some people would renege ,after all godaddy does that to me as a buyer constantly and I still see the buyers in the game at godaddy ,no punishment at all. Godaddy should keep at least 5% escrow of any purchase for deadbeats ,and give that to the sellers in auctions or keep it themselves for expiring auctions

Last edited:
•••
Invest in technology names. The next big revolution after Cloud Computing is Ambient Computing which google CEO Sundar Pichai has expressed in many of his interviews... Ambient Computing is seamless AI in action wherever one goes for example in the car, in the shopping mall etc...b.t.w I'm holding and developing AmbientComputing.info . Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back