IT.COM

discuss Where to invest a spare $1,000?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello..

I have to make an investment of $1,000 in domain names.
I currently hold a portfolio of 100-200 .CO as an experiment to wait for outbound.
Have a liquid cash flow from geo domain names.
I wish to diversify in another field - maybe new gTLD, aged domain, buy some from aftermarket or something else.

What would your suggestions be?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you should have put it in quotes if you were not the OP. Because it looks like this came from you :)

It came from me. But it was OP who said he is looking to invest 1000.

I invest around 4k monthly.

•••
It came from me. But it was OP who said he is looking to invest 1000.

I invest around 4k monthly.

Still. If it didn't come from you. I think it should have been in quotes or a link at least to the OP's post. So we know it is not from you. Were the purchases the OP's purchases or your purchases?

•••
Invest in safe blue-chip stocks like Apple, Microsoft, Boeing, Visa, etc.
Divide the $1000 evenly into a diversified portfolio and just forget about it. Check back in 20+ years or when you're ready to retire.

•••
Still. If it didn't come from you. I think it should have been in quotes or a link at least to the OP's post. So we know it is not from you. Were the purchases the OP's purchases or your purchases?

You are confusing me.

What do I have to do with the op?

Why did I have to use quotes.

Please let's not take it off the topic.

•••
Invest in safe blue-chip stocks like Apple, Microsoft, Boeing, Visa, etc.
Divide the $1000 evenly into a diversified portfolio and just forget about it. Check back in 20+ years or when you're ready to retire.

Might not exactly be the best time to buy with stock market at an all time high, and retirement on the horizon (5 years). It might be better to wait for an overdue correction in the market. So whilst we wait for the correction what should we do with our $1k?

•••
You are confusing me.

What do I have to do with the op?

Why did I have to use quotes.

Please let's not take it off the topic.

i'm not taking this subject off topic. I think it's etiquette to attribute the question to the person who asked the question. I'll say no more on this topic.

•••
I've always liked brandable and pronounceable short 4-7 letter one word domain names. I also favor 2 word brandable/catchy keyword rich domain names.

•••
I've always liked brandable and pronounceable short 4-7 letter one word domain names. I also favor 2 word brandable/catchy keyword rich domain names.
Ditto on this, if .com.

•••
As already mentioned earlier, just 2 or 3 solid .com domains from private or aftermarket should be the best way to put in the spare 1000 usd. Of course, that should happen with the right understanding of a solid .com, and that part you surely understand considering your experience in domains.

•••
•••
Okay, so you've started with ".co" ... personally, I would say the addition of the little letter "m" to the end of that extension is the way to go, whether you go volume (closeouts or drops at around $20) or bigger (one or two domains). . .GL!

•••
BTC 25%
ETH 25%
LTC 25%
VET 25%

No renewals in crypto :xf.smile:

•••
MANA 20%
TRX 20%
WAX 20%
ETH 20%
NEO 20%

•••
Invest it in nice holiday for yourself and your loved ones ...this investment will bring you tons of profit :)

•••
•••
Hello..

I currently hold a portfolio of 100-200 .CO as an experiment to wait for outbound.
I wish to diversify in another field - maybe new gTLD, aged domain, buy some from aftermarket or something else.

Buy my 1PR.com if you want, I wish I had 1000 of 2 character + one number.

•••
I would watch the auctions or private sales for good deals on NNNNN.coms (you can establish bottoms based on NameBio.com history).

•••
Renewals are important. Renew important ones and buy whatever you want. Investing in Crypto is also good as prices are very low now.

•••
Invest the same place where you have made that spare $1,000.
Don't diversify your investments too early.

•••
How long do you want to wait to recover $1000? If it's like 3 months then buying 2 or 3 names and flipping it to other domainer for profit will be ideal. If it's for long - then stay with those names.

•••
Hello..

buy 3 godaddy expiring autions for 350 each where there are 4 or more bidders in the auction and your the final winner ,your sure to sell one of them for 2k plus the first year just by listing it with 2 major auction sites

•••
buy 3 godaddy expiring autions for 350 each where there are 4 or more bidders in the auction and your the final winner ,your sure to sell one of them for 2k plus the first year just by listing it with 2 major auction sites

Hopefully, all four are not the guys who just read this tip :-D

•••
Those $350 auctions are selling for $800 - $2000 these days, a lot of stuff is going off at close to end user pricing. At the same time I have experienced a few second chance offers in the past month due to non paying high bidders, approx 4 which concerns me greatly.

•••
Hit the slot machines! :xf.cool:

Honestly, if you have decent domains and intend to hold onto them long-term, I would suggest spending the money on renewals.

•••
Invest in 1 really nice domain plus some renewals and develop out your best domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back