IT.COM

Where to host a domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i have been to many places to get domain hosting, but i'm just not sure which one! any suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by Procyon
I think it depends first on what kind of web site you will put on.

If you need PHP, search for a Linux based hosting because they're cheaper. You can find many for under 10$/month.

If you need ASP, you'll need to find one that supports this. There are some Windows based hosting that support this, but there are some linux based hosting who support ASP as well.

You'll also need to evaluate monthly traffic you will generate and how big is your site. I bought a nice web hosting that gives me unlimited space, unlimited email accounts and 30 gigs of bandwith per month for 3.95$/month on a yearly payment basis. But that was a limited time offer, it's no longer available.

If you search on google and don't buy the first time you are impressed with an offer, if try to find the best 3 out of the first 25 you evaluate, you may find that one that suits your needs and budget the most. I may find you one, but even if it would fit what I'm looking for, would it for your need?
Wow you got scammed.. unlimited space?? lol. And for 3.95?? That's crazy. But whatever floats your boat. lol.

•••
Originally posted by Procyon
I think it depends first on what kind of web site you will put on.

If you need PHP, search for a Linux based hosting because they're cheaper. You can find many for under 10$/month.

If you need ASP, you'll need to find one that supports this. There are some Windows based hosting that support this, but there are some linux based hosting who support ASP as well.

You'll also need to evaluate monthly traffic you will generate and how big is your site. I bought a nice web hosting that gives me unlimited space, unlimited email accounts and 30 gigs of bandwith per month for 3.95$/month on a yearly payment basis. But that was a limited time offer, it's no longer available.

If you search on google and don't buy the first time you are impressed with an offer, if try to find the best 3 out of the first 25 you evaluate, you may find that one that suits your needs and budget the most. I may find you one, but even if it would fit what I'm looking for, would it for your need?

hmm it depends, what are you looking for?

•••
paid hosting.. ask for Mike here: www.Qopen.com
Tell him Wanda referred you.

Free hosting.. cool features like subdomains..
www.MyDomain.com

g/l

•••
•••
Originally posted by GCgirl4ever
Wow you got scammed.. unlimited space?? lol. And for 3.95?? That's crazy. But whatever floats your boat. lol.

My site have been running for a couple of weeks and I had no problems with them.

I just checked back and I was wrong, it's not unlimited, it's a 1000 mb limit in size, so for my needs, I consider this unlimited! ;)

The design of the control system is bad but working, with a lot of options like 2 web base mail systems, 4 or 5 statistics systems to monitor traffic, crontab control, hotlink control, .htaccess and directory-level security, manual backups, web file manager, FTP (possible to add FTP access for customers if needed), unlimited subdomains, shopping cart system...

And finally, it's not 3.95 but 3.99, I was wrong for that also.

•••
Ohh.. well most places have 5 traffic statistics including analog and webalizer.. I am guessing you mean neomail and horde when speaking about the webmail.. and the rest most places have :)

•••
I recommend http://netrillium.net. They have great customer service, and reply to your e-mails really fast. They are rarely down, and they have really cheap plans. :D

•••
Originally posted by Gem
I recommend http://netrillium.net. They have great customer service, and reply to your e-mails really fast. They are rarely down, and they have really cheap plans. :D

thanks :D i will probably buy hosting at netrillium and divine :) hehe

•••
I have a nice offer in the advertising forum for new hosting accounts with us.

•••
ok thanks i will check it out :D

•••
W D-: W
LOTS of great, useful information provided in here for the original poster. :)
Keep up the good work, folks ... your being helpful is one of the primary reasons that Namepros is #1!
Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back