Dynadot

Where to host a domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i have been to many places to get domain hosting, but i'm just not sure which one! any suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hostrocket.com or toshosting.com. Check these out.

•••
I recommend Lightningservers.com - great hosting & support & flexible plans.

•••
•••
•••
•••
activewebhosting is horrible. I cannot believe you would suggest such garbage. From my experience they allow unlimited space/band (which cannot be allowed and is your first clue they are a scam) Secondly, they only allow text files (html,txt,etc). My god, if they offer you anything... run! never look back!

If 13.50$/month isn't too much for you dathorn is perfect.
Andrew (owner) is great and will help you with almost anything (but I have needed helped only twice - one was fixing something I screwed up, so legitmately only once). They are hosted in one of the best datacenters in the US, maybe the world : ThePlanet ( http://www.theplanet.com ) Data Center. You can check their uptime via their forum, all above 99% (Alertra.com stats) for all 16 shared servers (i think it is 16... probably more by now).

I chose dathorn because they are all over www.webhostingtalk.com as the best without question. After my time with them, I agree :)

btw on their packages:
cpanel/whm
unlimited email accounts/mysql databases/subdomains/addon domains/parked domains/etc.
and space/band depends on package. Good luck! I will say you will not be disappointed with dathorn, but if you need something cheaper, then look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com thats the best place to research for a good host, you can even get custom quotes on packages.

•••
NorthAmericanHost.com -

•••
.. it was just a suggestion. i mean, it's great for ppl who own blog/personal sites. aint it?

•••
You should check in the advertising section, alot of members here have hosting business's, maybe a mod should move this thread to that section., Good Luck

•••
•••
Of course I will offer my services :)
Divine-Hosting.net :)

•••
thank you everyone! i will check out all of those places :)

•••
•••
•••
I wonder if those are popular for adults *wonders* lol. I am trying to get my company out there to teens and adults.. that way I'm not limited. But I agree about netrillium

*tip* don't go with hosteuphoria. The kid is 13 and is on a dedicated server with me.. he went crazy last night and changed the password and threatened all my files.. he's not trustworthy AT ALL!

•••
Originally posted by GCgirl4ever
I wonder if those are popular for adults *wonders* lol. I am trying to get my company out there to teens and adults.. that way I'm not limited. But I agree about netrillium

*tip* don't go with hosteuphoria. The kid is 13 and is on a dedicated server with me.. he went crazy last night and changed the password and threatened all my files.. he's not trustworthy AT ALL!

thanks for the tip! :)

•••
•••
•••
Re: where to host a domain

Originally posted by supersquirt
i have been to many places to get domain hosting, but i'm just not sure which one! any suggestions?

if you're not requiring a lot, Enom gives ten free pages to build sites, with "web-based templates".

considering this option? Pm me

•••
Originally posted by alisaq
Yes, I agree. Both of those places are great! Good Luck.

I have Netrillium, it's great. Wonderful customer support!

•••
Originally posted by Emmy
I have Netrillium, it's great. Wonderful customer support!

thanks i might consider using netrillium! :D

•••
GCgirl4ever: if your sharing your dedicated server with a 13 year old who has root and is "crazy" I have to say hosting with you might be a bad idea. Having a child playing with your business site isn't a good idea.

And I say search WEBHOSTINGTALK.com! It is the largest web hosting forum online and is infinitely more resourceful then a small domain forum. You can search almost any company that has been around long enough, or has an outrageous enough offer. It is all there!

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
GCgirl4ever: if your sharing your dedicated server with a 13 year old who has root and is "crazy" I have to say hosting with you might be a bad idea. Having a child playing with your business site isn't a good idea.

And I say search WEBHOSTINGTALK.com! It is the largest web hosting forum online and is infinitely more resourceful then a small domain forum. You can search almost any company that has been around long enough, or has an outrageous enough offer. It is all there!

No he was given a refund and it off the server. He was fine until lsat night when I didn't want GM on the server. He has no access to the server anymore.

•••
I think it depends first on what kind of web site you will put on.

If you need PHP, search for a Linux based hosting because they're cheaper. You can find many for under 10$/month.

If you need ASP, you'll need to find one that supports this. There are some Windows based hosting that support this, but there are some linux based hosting who support ASP as well.

You'll also need to evaluate monthly traffic you will generate and how big is your site. I bought a nice web hosting that gives me unlimited space, unlimited email accounts and 30 gigs of bandwith per month for 3.95$/month on a yearly payment basis. But that was a limited time offer, it's no longer available.

If you search on google and don't buy the first time you are impressed with an offer, if try to find the best 3 out of the first 25 you evaluate, you may find that one that suits your needs and budget the most. I may find you one, but even if it would fit what I'm looking for, would it for your need?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back