IT.COM

question Where to find lists?...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,
I've never had need of large lists before, however a current project has me looking for some. I'm sure there are plenty out there already so it seems pointless reinventing the wheel. Could anyone point me in the direction of:
- all 2 letter combinations
- all 3 letter combinations
- Dictionary words - preferably a couple of subsets:
* High-value words
* All nouns
* (but worst-case I would take a list of all dictionary words)

I'm also interested to see any other lists that people commonly use for searching for domains. Not really required for this project, but handy to know where they are...

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are a million places to find much of this (Webster, Oxford English Dictionary, Scrabble word lists, Google, etc.).

Specific to domaining, DomainNameSoup is interesting and has been around for awhile (someone once assumed I have some connection to the places I recommend - I do not - I have no affiliation with it, no idea who runs it) but there's lists and such, quite helpful if you have lots of time to play around.

•••
There are a million places to find much of this (Webster, Oxford English Dictionary, Scrabble word lists, Google, etc.).

Specific to domaining, DomainNameSoup is interesting and has been around for awhile (someone once assumed I have some connection to the places I recommend - I do not - I have no affiliation with it, no idea who runs it) but there's lists and such, quite helpful if you have lots of time to play around.
Thanks. I already tried Dictionary.com but its complete list of dictionary words includes heaps of stuff that consists of multiple words, abbreviations, and so on, and would have taken me an age to strip out all the miscellaneous stuff. I figured the other Dictionary sites would be much the same. I will check out DomainNameSoup, thank you.

•••
No other suggestions?...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back