IT.COM

Where is the cheapest land in the World ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In an attempt to buy some land to invest in a long term future, I`d like to know where in the World is the cheapest place where non residents can buy land.
Some time ago in Australia, some land was given for free....I was just not here :'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In the Philippines. I heard a few Americans bought some piece of lands. To the dismay of a few Filipinos like me. Hey these foreigners are owning the lands that we should rightfully own. Unfortunately most of us cannot buy lands since most of us dont have the dough. Hopefully, in the near future i can buy my own.

•••
The cheapest isn't always the best and the same holds true for land. If you can buy a small lot let's say in New Jersey, US (since I live there) for $20,000 and it appreciates to $100,000 in 5 years, is that the return you were looking for? If you can buy a large lot in Iraq for $20,000 and in 25 years it's worth $1,000,000, is that the return you were looking for? The point is are you looking for short term or long term gain and of course are you willing to risk your money into an unknown (Iraq is the example). What if Iraq stayed in turmoil throughout that time or a new government came and said it was illegal for foreigners to own land? Of course my scenario is completely hypothetical, but the main point is try to invest your money into a stable country with a somewhat stable economy. It definitely doesn't have to be the US and I feel there are great buys for example right now in Central and South America.

•••
Probably Siberia or Canada (The icey-snowy sorta bits, where no-one lives).

•••
Antarctica ;). . .but with Global warming it's a bad investment ;)

The cheapest would probably in third world countries.

You could probably buy acres for cheap. Sad how in those countries the divide is so great between rich and poor.

Skinny

•••
I would buy land as close to lasvegas as possible at cheap prices for acres and acres. In 20 years you'll be a billionaire because vegas just keeps expanding and expanding.

•••
i've got some cheap land you might be interested in.....yeah...

beautiful beach house with a breath taking beach view located in the warm sunny state of Arizona...

just pm me with the subject 'sold' if interested.

:lol:

I should put this up on ebay and see how many bids i get

Here! I found a picture!

Cute lil' fixer upper with beach view located in the valley of the sun, phoenix arizona. Property might need a coat of paint.

Will not accept any offer less than 2 million dollars.

Boat is not included

Last edited:
•••
Jeffrey said:
In the Philippines. I heard a few Americans bought some piece of lands. To the dismay of a few Filipinos like me. Hey these foreigners are owning the lands that we should rightfully own. Unfortunately most of us cannot buy lands since most of us dont have the dough. Hopefully, in the near future i can buy my own.

I`m sorry to hear your issue but I`m not a millionaire either, I still have to buy my own house first.
Thanks for your reply anyway and good luck!

deu12000 said:
The cheapest isn't always the best and the same holds true for land. If you can buy a small lot let's say in New Jersey, US (since I live there) for $20,000 and it appreciates to $100,000 in 5 years, is that the return you were looking for? If you can buy a large lot in Iraq for $20,000 and in 25 years it's worth $1,000,000, is that the return you were looking for? The point is are you looking for short term or long term gain and of course are you willing to risk your money into an unknown (Iraq is the example). What if Iraq stayed in turmoil throughout that time or a new government came and said it was illegal for foreigners to own land? Of course my scenario is completely hypothetical, but the main point is try to invest your money into a stable country with a somewhat stable economy. It definitely doesn't have to be the US and I feel there are great buys for example right now in Central and South America.

you`re right , I did not even think to unstable Countries such Iraq.
I`d be looking to buy in peaceful Countries and possibly less than 20K for a investment above 10 years.

dhscott said:
Probably Siberia or Canada (The icey-snowy sorta bits, where no-one lives).

googling I found some places in Canada (The province of Saskatchewan) but not many useful websites about it. That would be great land I think.

Skinny said:
Antarctica ;). . .but with Global warming it's a bad investment ;)

The cheapest would probably in third world countries.

You could probably buy acres for cheap. Sad how in those countries the divide is so great between rich and poor.

Skinny

Antarctica would be probably a very smart buy since under the ice there is land but I don`t think any individual can buy it since still we don`t know who is the owner.....I heard that Australia and Usa are not very much on an agreement about that.
Regarding third world countries , sure that would be good as long as the`re not unstable and not places without water or that are going to be without water.

HasRob said:
I would buy land as close to lasvegas as possible at cheap prices for acres and acres. In 20 years you'll be a billionaire because vegas just keeps expanding and expanding.

I don`t think I can afford that and I`m sure there are better opportunities around the world.

Isis said:

beautiful beach house with a breath taking beach view located in the warm sunny state of Arizona...

Here! I found a picture!

Cute lil' fixer upper with beach view located in the valley of the sun, phoenix arizona. Property might need a coat of paint.

Boat is not included

lol, sorry I`m looking at prices below 20K or even below 10K, so I`m not your kind of potential buyer :wave:

Isis said:

Here! I found a picture!

Boat is not included

Plus....calling that "beautiful beach house" is a joke... :imho:

•••
italiandragon said:
lol, sorry I`m looking at prices below 20K or even below 10K, so I`m not your kind of potential buyer :wave:

Plus....calling that "beautiful beach house" is a joke... :imho:

ROFL! :sold:

it's a perfect 'flip' opportunity

•••
Well, you could always buy some land in the middle of some desert, I am sure it won't cost a lot. Or you could always go back in time 15 years and buy some land or houses in Estonia (near or in bigger towns), the prices have risen a lot during the last 15 years. I am not sure about land prices, but apartments in Estonia cost close to nothing 15 years ago, now they are more expensive in Tallinn than in Berlin or Helsinki, don't ask me how this is possible.

•••
hanz said:
Well, you could always buy some land in the middle of some desert, I am sure it won't cost a lot. Or you could always go back in time 15 years and buy some land or houses in Estonia (near or in bigger towns), the prices have risen a lot during the last 15 years. I am not sure about land prices, but apartments in Estonia cost close to nothing 15 years ago, now they are more expensive in Tallinn than in Berlin or Helsinki, don't ask me how this is possible.

Thank you Hanz for the reply, well unfortunately if I could go back in time I wished to give my dad a last hug before he died when I was just 6 rather than buying land.

Estonia? Is it maybe because they have been admitted to the EU ?

•••
If you're looking under 20K I'd definitely suggest Central/South America. Over there the land is very cheap right now and it's still appreciating in value.

There are actually properties in the US under 20K that are a great value. I live in New Jersey one of the more expensive states, but you go south and the prices drop considerably. The midwest also has very low prices. I actually was looking at houses in other states and I saw a house in Alabama for $8000. Of course it was probably a small lot in a very rural area, but the price is amazing and unbelievable.

Properties in Estonia as well as many countries that were part of the USSR have greatly increased in value. Application to the EU also made the properties go up in value and of course once they are accepted (if they are accepted) the value will continue increasing.

•••
Well, yes. Estonia is in EU now, but that doesn't explain why our prices are higher than in Berlin or Helsinki. Last year the most expensive price that was paid for a square meter was about $30000, if I remember correctly then it was some kind of small flat, so the price all together wasn't that bad, but still - $30000 for just one square meter. The average apartment square meter price in the middle of Tallinn was about $2600.

BTW you should check out Georgia (the country, not the state). Their prices are also quite low now and will probably rise a lot during the next years.

•••
India

am from jharkhand, ranchi, india!
and this place is developing, you can get some land here at low rates, and most of all this place is developing quickly, so the rate is going high!

if you buy now you will get cheap, good plan for a long term prospective! pm me for details, we will discuss this, am busy tomorrow, so i will reply you a bit late, probable tomorrow night!
cheers!

•••
Saskatchewan is one of the cheapest areas currently in the world. Aswell as places up north.. Where you don't want too live.. But if you are going to look into Saskatchewan.. I'd do it soon as there is oil in SK.. So you will need to buy it before it sky rockets.. In SK you can buy a 5BR House on about 100 Acres for about $60K

Other places include Russia (Central parts and Siberia).. And third world countries..

- Steve

•••
i think globally, real estate has gotten too hot. i don' t know about other places in the world, but i wouldn't dare buy a piece of land here in the US untill prices come down a bit.

•••
HasRob said:

Good luck trying to find cheap land within 100 miles of Las Vegas. ;)

•••
iNod said:
Saskatchewan is one of the cheapest areas currently in the world. Aswell as places up north.. Where you don't want too live.. But if you are going to look into Saskatchewan.. I'd do it soon as there is oil in SK.. So you will need to buy it before it sky rockets.. In SK you can buy a 5BR House on about 100 Acres for about $60K

Other places include Russia (Central parts and Siberia).. And third world countries..

- Steve

That`s very interesting, have you got any good websites to look for land in that area?

I just found this one:

http://homes.point2.com/CA/Saskatchewan/Rural-SW-Saskatchewan-Real-Estate.aspx

but it does not look like it`s THAT cheap.

I would prefer to avoid with Russia. Land may be contamined of anything, plus the language barrier and other issues.

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Well I'm here from Saskatchewan. From what I've seen l;and is cheaper here than a lot of other places but it is gonig up...housing in Regina in my area is really going up, quite a lot of enw houses are being built each day. Saskatchewan is a great place, and thankfully its cheap to, betetr for me in the future!haha. If you do buy land out here, I suggest you buy farmland, and then rent it out to farmers, as then you make money from that, and you can also sell it in years to come ocne the value of the land goes up. Oh and I suggest you buy either by swift current, regina, or saskatoon, as these populations are gonig up I believe. Not to sure about other tons, but I think these are the main ones that are gonig up. Also you mghit want to look for teh Regina Beach area, as the lakefront land there is gonig up on long lake I believe. Don't take my word for it, but I believe that it is this way.

•••
I guess Marion oh must be the cheapest in the world. You can buy land here with a house for $4000

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back