Domain Empire

.tv Where Has Everyone Gone?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
You pop off for a few minutes and everything changes.

Most of the regulars seemed to have disappeared from the .TV section.

What happened?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought everyone already knew what happened?

•••
allthings about tv happen everywhere

•••
people seem to have got interest in LLL.CO thread these days

•••
•••
Simple, everybody's enjoying the sun! ;)

•••
...the axiom that no good deed goes unpunished applies...

•••
Well, the rest of us who are not everyone are ready to be enlightened...

That is not a discussion subject permitted in this forum. IMHO™ :ghost: (:talk:)

•••
You pop off for a few minutes and everything changes.

What happened?

Jimbo,

I am still here. The #1 reason why I will remain here is because of the "newbies" entering this .tv forum. I might not know all the answers but after 10 years in .tv whether that is good or bad:), I can share some things with others to add value here.

Also, I learn from others as well including people who add new blood, new ideas, etc.

Thanks, Jim

•••
1.) It's summertime. :music:
2.) The ".TV" has peaked.
3.) Reality has set in! :guilty: :imho:

Enjoy the summer,
Jeff B-)

•••
Reality has set in! thats not true jeff

the other 2 maybe!

•••
This forum is filled with negativistic, redundant posts from one or two .TV haters, who needs that. Maybe if enough members just stopped posting here for, say, two weeks, a message could be sent to the forum owners that, really, we've had enough.

But, that won't happen, they seem to think it benefits the forum at large to repeat the same useless garbage post time after time after time after unending time.

Maybe they are trying to SEO namepros up to the #1 spot for the term ".TV sucks". Hmmm, I think I'm onto it, at last, bingo the lightbulb just went on.

•••
This forum is filled with negativistic, redundant posts from one or two .TV haters, who needs that.

Seems a good balance to the continuem of "rah rah" Rosey© posts of little or no actual substance (and wild claims of (including 'End user') bids / "buyers" / sales) ... when it's really, simply, just a very small niche / vanity extension with limited demand, IMHO.

Anyway, either way, one's time would be better spent on developing your stand-alone ".TV's" with rich and compelling video-centric content! :gl: :talk:
IMHO.

Onward and upward,
Jeff B-)

•••
I assume Jeff is responding to my post, but all I see is this message:

"Jeff This user is on your Ignore List."

So, to Jeff, I would say, don't bother responding to my posts, because I cannot see nor am I interested in what you are saying.

There may be some good news in your future, though, if the forum owners would but grant my request:

I would like to make a formal request to the namepros staff to change this sub forum's title and official focus to the "ANTI .TV" forum, and just go ahead and make Jeff the moderator he longs to be of an extension he does not invest in. At least that way the sub forum would, for once, be on the up and up.

•••
jeff there was "rah rah" Rosey© posts a few years back but there simply not there anymore!

seems a good year up to now as far as i see with dot tv.

•••
I suppose that means you want a pro .tv moderator who deletes everything you don't agree with.
Not realistic. Pump and dump strategies are to be frowned upon :imho:

•••
jeff there was "rah rah" Rosey© posts a few years back but there simply not there anymore!

seems a good year up to now as far as i see with dot tv.

I think the market has now peaked, but we're still seeing some of the residual HYPE that was leading up to it ... balance will come once those investing in the ccTLD .TV start earnestly developing and stop questionning themselves and constantly worrying about others' alternate views and opinions, IMHO. :gl:

Meanwhile, back to the hammock! :music:

I suppose that means you want a pro .tv moderator who deletes everything you don't agree with.
Not realistic. Pump and dump strategies are to be frowned upon :imho:

^ Rep.+/+ :yell:

Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
I think I'm getting an idea of why such a large number of people have been left / been banned.

Of course, as long as Jeff and Snoop are here to guide everyone, the TV section of Namepros will, I'm sure, carry on ever onwards and upwards.

I'll certainly be playing my part in helping you guys along.

Meanwhile, back to the hammock! :music:

Jeff. Love the idea of you swinging from a tree! Enjoy the summer vacation and don't drink too much in the summer heat.

•••
I don't think many of us have left, although I am only speaking for myself. I just went from acquiring to developing = Less time to rant on the forum.

;)

Mike

•••
I agree with Jim (DiscoverNow's) Post.

We should definitely stick around for the newbs, and from others that we can also still learn from. Lots of incredibly creative ideas out there.

and (I am not posting links here to plug myself) but the more I hear the arguement of, develop, develop, develop, rather than sit and try to just cash in on TV money just coming to you, I am starting to agree with that.

I look at some great tv-ers here who are doing that (GarpTrader, Makis, etc.), and I am feeling like I might be able to do that also. I stayed up real late last night, and took one of my best tv's I own, and created about 12-14-ish pages of material (fresh artiles and a coupla great vids on each page) on a mini-site for it (USB.TV).

I am not sure if it will get ranked, or if it will make money but at least I know I am trying with my limited development capabilities.

My next goal is to pay a SEO/Developer to create a coupla sites for me on a coupla my .TV's. I can honestly say, I most likely wouldn't have even tried without all of the talk of (You must develop your .TV's to create a little more value in this extension). So hopefully one day soon I can have some useful tips and tricks for people on not just the extension itself as a stand alone domainer great investment, but I will also have some actual stats on how it is possible to make money from a little development with our .TV's too.

Just be confident and open minded, and don't be afraid to try new things. Pretty soon with everyone in here and their own TV strategy's and success stories, the nay-sayers will have to either go away, or jump in and join the fun.

Thanks,
Vito

•••
I think I'm getting an idea of why such a large number of people have been left / been banned.

i'm on the verge of being banned. one more response to jeffy deemed "impolite" will probbaly be the one that does it.

Jeff. Love the idea of you swinging from a tree!

indeed.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

there are other places to go where professional minded folks can speak freely. rj, your buddy jeff and his disrespectful behaviour is in fact *destroying* this forum. its one thing to share an opinion and yet another to engage in the antics he has and continues.

•••
If you spend too much time in the forums, you are not developing, obtaining link exchanges, marketing domains you don't intend to develop or pursuing other .TV acquisitions.

PembrokePines.tv launched in late February 2010
now #3 at Yahoo for Pembroke Pines
traffic up ~40% from prior month
traffic up ~300% from two months ago
surprisingly about 2/3 of traffic from Google past month
only ~5% of traffic from phrase "Pembroke Pines"
of course the three-month old site is still in its infancy

•••
Just took a look at your site. I'm impressed with what you've achieved so far. I use Whypark so mine are sort of done for me. I then check them over with this tool
SEO Workers Search Engine Optimization Analysis Tool
to see if I can improve them.
Good luck with your site and I'm sure there are people on the forum who can give you tips.

I agree with Jim (DiscoverNow's) Post.

We should definitely stick around for the newbs, and from others that we can also still learn from. Lots of incredibly creative ideas out there.

and (I am not posting links here to plug myself) but the more I hear the arguement of, develop, develop, develop, rather than sit and try to just cash in on TV money just coming to you, I am starting to agree with that.

I look at some great tv-ers here who are doing that (GarpTrader, Makis, etc.), and I am feeling like I might be able to do that also. I stayed up real late last night, and took one of my best tv's I own, and created about 12-14-ish pages of material (fresh artiles and a coupla great vids on each page) on a mini-site for it (USB.TV).

I am not sure if it will get ranked, or if it will make money but at least I know I am trying with my limited development capabilities.

My next goal is to pay a SEO/Developer to create a coupla sites for me on a coupla my .TV's. I can honestly say, I most likely wouldn't have even tried without all of the talk of (You must develop your .TV's to create a little more value in this extension). So hopefully one day soon I can have some useful tips and tricks for people on not just the extension itself as a stand alone domainer great investment, but I will also have some actual stats on how it is possible to make money from a little development with our .TV's too.

Just be confident and open minded, and don't be afraid to try new things. Pretty soon with everyone in here and their own TV strategy's and success stories, the nay-sayers will have to either go away, or jump in and join the fun.

Thanks,
Vito

•••
1.) It's summertime. :music:
2.) The ".TV" has peaked.
3.) Reality has set in! :guilty: :imho:

Enjoy the summer,
Jeff B-)

Thanks Jeff - even more understanding

1. It's summertime
I agree that everyone should have a summer - and I hope you enjoy yours fully Jeff. That hammock sounds great. Hope it is on some palm island or Monaco, rather than some grotty backyard. As you are the TM holder of 'Summer Vacation' it would be lovely to know where you are feeling those RAys this year?

2. .TV has peaked
Oh Jeff, I had an idea you were a little premature on this one and couldn't see the false peak from the BIG one that comes much later. - and that is good for us all here at the number one .TV forum - especially the news that Fast.tv went for over $3k, Wifi.tv went for $3.7k, Casablanca.tv for $1.4k and a host of other small sales all in one day.

3. Reality has set in.
Once again I totally agree. We now know a truer picture of .TV than we did a few months ago when all the changes began to take place. We can all now accurately see how names that were once throw aways (like my own Beachball.TV which I literally couldn't give away for so long) have now become attractant to verifiable sales of $2,718 (todays euro price). We all know the many more places that welcome .Tv, be it auction houses like SEDO and LAtonas and of course news and other similarish places to discuss .Tv to their full extent (although some, it must be said, actually allow trolls, would you believe).

All in all - I can see why people are using the forum less and less. There is so much summer to enjoy and in the gaps in between - work to be done. Oh, and the fine art of helpful discussion is ALWAYS something to strive for.

•••
1. It's summertime
I agree that everyone should have a summer - and I hope you enjoy yours fully Jeff. That hammock sounds great. Hope it is on some palm island or Monaco, rather than some grotty backyard. As you are the TM holder of 'Summer Vacation' it would be lovely to know where you are feeling those RAys this year?

It's all good, enjoy the summer holiday!
Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back