Domain Empire

question Where are you registered?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
BTW, out of curiosity, have any members here sold domain names registered with FastHosts at Afternic?[/QUOTE]

Plenty of good sales. DO you have target every month ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BTW, out of curiosity, have any members here sold domain names registered with FastHosts at Afternic?

I think I saw a discussion about this recently.

If you are talking about fast transfer I think someone said they are not part of the program.

I think it was mentioned that Dotster also will not be part of the program any more even though the Afternic reseller page still shows the logo for it.

I think this is right ???

•••

If you are talking about fast transfer I think someone said they are not part of the program.

I think it was mentioned that Dotster also will not be part of the program any more even though the Afternic reseller page still shows the logo for it.

I believe they are, the issue however is that to enable it you have to go and unlock and retrieve auth codes codes for every name and enter it via a link you'll automatically receive.

I gave up one night trying to set up all my names, some auth codes seemed to work while others were invalid. The same applies for Sedo MLS.

•••
BTW, out of curiosity, have any members here sold domain names registered with FastHosts at Afternic?

Dont do it. I am stuck with coupe of my sales because mostly people want to transfer them to Godaddy and since FastHosts.com had a recent promo and most domain names are within 60 day registration period, you are stuck because 1. you cannot transfer them out right away 2. your buyer cannot create a new account without having submitted their payment details or credit card at FastHosts, which is sort of scary for the buyer as they do not like doing at unknown registrars.

I am switching to Godaddy's main site for domain name registration and better domain name transfers.

•••
We have sold many domains registered with FH - if the buyer really wants the name, they'll create a free account for the internal transfer. I always mention to buyers that later on, once the transfer lock expires, they are free to move the names out to their preferred registrar (ex. GD). Here is the wording of the email I send them:

"For transfer of ownership, you simply need to create a free account over at FastHosts.co.uk - Here is the link: https://admin.fasthosts.co.uk/purchase/domainmanagement/details/

The complete terms contained within the Registration Agreement can be found at fasthosts.co.uk/companyinfo/terms-of-service/registration-agreement

Once you have created the account and read the agreement, FastHosts will then activate your account for you. Once the account is live, please send us your account number so we can transfer the domain. As soon as the 60-day transfer-lock period has passed (applies to .com/.net/.org domains that have been newly registered/transferred/updated ownership details), you may, should you wish to do so, transfer the domain out to another registrar of your choice."

Last edited:
•••

i think it was in your thread about a month to six weeks ago when you opened an account with them? via a promo code?

•••
Even if buyer really wants the domain name, 99% of the time, chances are that they will balk out at having to submit their credit card or payment details at some unknown company website.

Since Godaddy is pretty well known, they do not think twice of having to submit payment or details there, per my experience.

We have sold many domains registered with FH - if the buyer really wants the name, they'll create a free account for the internal transfer. I always mention to buyers that later on, once the transfer lock expires, they are free to move the names out to their preferred registrar (ex. GD). Here is the wording of the email I send them:

"For transfer of ownership, you simply need to create a free account over at FastHosts.co.uk - Here is the link: https://admin.fasthosts.co.uk/purchase/domainmanagement/details/

The complete terms contained within the Registration Agreement can be found at fasthosts.co.uk/companyinfo/terms-of-service/registration-agreement

Once you have created the account and read the agreement, FastHosts will then activate your account for you. Once the account is live, please send us your account number so we can transfer the domain. As soon as the 60-day transfer-lock period has passed (applies to .com/.net/.org domains that have been newly registered/transferred/updated ownership details), you may, should you wish to do so, transfer the domain out to another registrar of your choice."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back