NameSilo

When will domain drop?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in buying a domain that on the whois is set to expire on the 18th of September. It isn't really that popular a domain, more a version on our company name so I wouldn't expect it to be re-registered or snapped.

When can I expect to be able to get my greasy hands on it? It's registered with IARegistry.

Thomas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most domain drops are processed at about 1-2pm EST.

•••
Add 45 days on top of the expiration date and that is when it will be available for reg, so you got pretty long time to wait. Heres the famous Snapnames diagram once again:

https://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

Good Luck

•••
Thanks for the info. Didn't realise it was that long.

Oh well, another couple of dates to pen in the diary :)

•••
.edu said:
Add 45 days on top of the expiration date and that is when it will be available for reg, so you got pretty long time to wait. Heres the famous Snapnames diagram once again:

https://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

Good Luck

Perhaps someone should sticky this url for further questions?

•••
Just a follow-up..

I e-mailed the registrar and they said the current domain owner has 71 days after it expires to renew the domain name. After 78 days Verisign releases it to the public.

Would I be correct in assuming that if the domain is renewed for a year say on the 20th of October, that it actually renews for a year starting at September 18? Otherwise, I will be even more cross!

:bah: 78 days seems an awfully long time to click a few buttons anyway.

•••
cricketer said:
Just a follow-up..

I e-mailed the registrar and they said the current domain owner has 71 days after it expires to renew the domain name. After 78 days Verisign releases it to the public.

Would I be correct in assuming that if the domain is renewed for a year say on the 20th of October, that it actually renews for a year starting at September 18? Otherwise, I will be even more cross!

:bah: 78 days seems an awfully long time to click a few buttons anyway.
thought it was 30 days...

•••
Once took me about 60 days to get a domain when it dropped, so yeah you have a while to wait.

•••
cricketer said:
Just a follow-up..

I e-mailed the registrar

BAD move IMO

•••
The one I had been watching for quite some time was scheduled to drop today (after "Pending Delete" + 6 days/after approx. 2:00 p.m. EST) ... and I JUST manually registered it at 4:35 p.m. EST. :tu:

Pefect! :hearts:
:wave:

•••
Manual - The only way to go - lol -

•••
all4cost said:
Manual - The only way to go - lol -

$8.95, baby! :yell:

:kickass:

•••
How many eyes and hands you got there? :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back