Dynadot

What's your true identity?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you for real?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I am as real as a 3 dollar bill

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Yesterday, I noticed that the user formerly known as AGAME is now @AnthonyD. That is actually his real name and from what I do know about him he is a class act.

I have also gotten to know many folks in real-life outside of NamePros. There are some awesome people in this community. However, lots of folks here have fake names that look real!

After seeing his username switch,I was discussing it with @AnthonyD. We agreed it is time to invite folks who are hiding behind their avatars to come out of the shadows and engage with their real persona.

lets-get-real.jpg

So, what are some of the objections?

1. I am afraid someone will come to my house and steal my domains at gunpoint or hurt me. Unlikely. scenario The downside is that when you want to sell a domain, buyers have to work twice as hard to complete due diligence about you. Besides, when domains go missing, they are pretty easy to track down!

2. I am afraid that someone might judge me for owning a particular domain. Well, if you own a domain name that your mother would not have you own, consider not owning it. Problem solved. If folks want, we can do a "purge day" and have commission-free sales for domains.

3. I have a day job and my boss might not appreciate my side hustle. If your boss is in the domain industry, he/she should want you on NamePros. If your boss is not a domainer, he/she might actually appreciate your hidden talent. For example, your boss might not help buying a domain.

There might be other objections, but set those aside as I can almost guarantee you that they are mostly irrational fears. In the meantime, in my experience, your ability to succeed on NamePros can be greatly amplified by being authentic. More commentary on that here.

So, if you are ready to come out of your digital closet, here is your chance. Change your User-Handle and re-introduce yourself as the real you. The longer you wait, the less time for the rest of us to know the real you!

So with that as context, here's me:

Name: Rob Monster

City: Sammamish, WA

Social handles:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/enlightenedcapitalist/

So, who's next?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Hi everyone
I'm Gabriel
Country - Nigeria

Skills: Guitarist/Singer:smuggrin:

Last edited:
•••
Name : Taiwo Sodiq

•••
•••
Name: A*t*h*a*n*a*s*i*o*s K*a*t*s*a*o*u*n*i*s

City: Malia village on Crete island/Volos city (at summer)

About my username: I don't really know why I selected it. Maybe i was thinking subconsciously that one day I will fly as domainer :)

Why I signed up on Namepros: Just for curiosity. I didn't have idea about domaining.

My gift: I never surrender.

Last edited:
•••
I believe that abstract thought is the foundation for scientific progress as it points the way to where new knowledge and understandings of our Universe could be found.

I was sitting on my porch the other night and looking at the stars in the sky, as I was looking around I also noticed a lone bright sign on the ground for a store far away from where I was sitting that was shinning in the dark of the night like a star too.

At that moment it occurred to me that if I thought of myself as a star too, I found it hard to believe that I could have such great gravitational effect on another star that in this case was being represented by the store sign in the far away distance.

Considering the very small sizes of the stars relative to the astronomical distances that is between them it dawned on me that perhaps the gravitational pull of the stars (and other astronomical bodies) is not being projected in a sphere all around them like we all think, but rather is channelized through a direct link between them, perhaps being carried in a tether like bands made of dark matter or dark energy that exist in the empty spaces between the stars.

Now you might wonder what this has to do with domains and domaining, but if you train your mind to dwell in abstract thoughts you might be surprised to see that by exercising your brain you might gain the ability to think of some better domains to hand register. :xf.wink:

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for connecting @Rob Monster (y)
I was sitting on my porch the other night and looking at the stars in the sky, as I was looking around I also noticed a lone bright sign on the ground for a store far away from where I was sitting that was shinning in the dark of the night like a star too.

At that moment it occurred to me that if I thought of myself as a star too, I found it hard to believe that I could have such great gravitational effect on another star that in this case was being represented by the store sign in the far away distance.

Considering the very small sizes of the stars relative to the astronomical distances that is between them it downed on me that perhaps the gravitational pull of the stars (and other astronomical bodies) is not being projected in a sphere all around them like we all think, but rather is channelized through a direct link between them, perhaps being carried in a tether like band made of dark matter or dark energy that exist in the empty spaces between the stars.

Now you might wonder what this has to do with domains and domaining, but if you train your mind to dwell in abstract thoughts you might be surprised to see that by exercising your brain you might gain the ability to think of some better domains to hand register. :xf.wink:

IMO
we all originally come from stars.......maybe you were subconsciously connecting with your molecular roots :xf.smile:

Google "we all come from stars"

•••

Considering the very small sizes of the stars relative to the astronomical distances that is between them it downed on me that perhaps the gravitational pull of the stars (and other astronomical bodies) is not being projected in a sphere all around them like we all think, but rather is channelized through a direct link between them, perhaps being carried in a tether like band made of dark matter or dark energy that exist in the empty spaces between the stars.

IMO

Related thought:

upload_2020-9-2_12-6-24.png

Inspiration can come from above or below. That's the part we get to choose.

•••
Related thought:

Show attachment 165931

Inspiration can come from above or below. That's the part we get to choose.

and in the case of domainers watch what you register, it can make your destiny.

I get most of my inspirations from within since I never read any books nor am I familiar with what any of the famous philosophers have said in the past and to some extent I do that on purpose in order to keep my thoughts pure and original.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
In today's world, I place a premium on my privacy. Son, husband, father, entrepreneur, I have had numerous careers in my lifetime (domaining being one), but work does not define me. Having travelled extensively, I currently live in the far north of Canada. My passion is exploration (air, water, land) and finding new ways to learn.

Last edited:
•••
Clinton Wesley Sweatman, III (50yrs)
City: Oak Island, NC, USA
Trucker/Driver/Domainer/purpleprayingmantis/world traveler/aka The Durfer

im 50 now.

•••
Clinton Wesley Sweatman, III (50yrs)
City: Oak Island, NC, USA
Trucker/Driver/Domainer/purpleprayingmantis/world traveler/aka The Durfer

im 50 now.

all the best to you Wesley

•••
Well, it took me long enough to go for it and I think 2021 is a great moment to be done with the impersonal handles.

Connecting on a personal level online, especially during the pandemic, has never been more important as I experienced the past months/year.

While I'm at it, best of wishes to you all for 2021. May God bless you with what you need and good health.

Lots of love from The Netherlands.

•••
•••
John Burden, Oregon.
Website developer, my passion is bragging about my eight grand kids.

•••
John Burden, Oregon.
Website developer, my passion is bragging about my eight grand kids.

Seems like you're blessed with the things that truly matter in life. I just returned from a holiday I spent with my parents in law and the kids, never seen them (grandparents) happier. I can only hope one day that will be me. Keep on bragging ;)

•••
my name is Ahmed Gamil
From Egypt Age 29 Occupation full stack web developer ,Domainer

•••
Seems like you're blessed with the things that truly matter in life. I just returned from a holiday I spent with my parents in law and the kids, never seen them (grandparents) happier. I can only hope one day that will be me. Keep on bragging ;)

Grand children are the reward for putting up with your children. Two oldest started college this year. One on a full scholarship :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well,

I am new here

But what I liked the most about NP is - emphasis on the *Domains* and nothing else.

Authenticate ourselves with SSN & IDs? I hope NP will not follow FB/WA/INST4 & Gov portals!

Finally - freedom to choose our own name/domain is a bliss. (I guess my parents are fine with it)

The actual reason is - NP is actively indexed by the search engines. It leaves trace online forever.

I own .com domains and they own .net .org etc. (and somehow my .com matches with existing business) but I don't have TM reg. or anything. In some cases - it's the same countr-y.

Moreover I have less to no knowledge of IP & similar laws. Just Don't wanna get sued.

I hope you all understand.

PS: Rest assured - my words are from the bottom core of my heart.

Last edited:
•••
Edit edit edit …TBD

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back