What's Your REGULAR Profession..??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Domainerz

Established Member
Impact
0
Majority of us is not doing this (DOMAINING) as 'Regular Business/Profession'..... (Perhaps that's the reason of our failure in this evolving profession that we have not burnt our boats)....

So, let's discuss how much 'Percentage' of our income comes from this (Domaining) business?? And what is the major source of our 'Bread & Butter' ?? I think it would be interesting and beneficial for most of us for creation of more 'BONDS'....

To start with... 'I am an Accountant'....

SORRY ADMN,

Please trafer this thread to 'The Break Room'... Thanks.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Originally posted by Grrilla
Chronological high points: Cook/Chef, Ad Agency Copywriter, Jr AE, 25yrs motion pic/TV cameraman/DP (main gig), last 5+yrs functional art/lamps. Actually have a site for latter, but usually don't talk about it much, because it is a little rough (read embarrasing), and have "gone to school" w/web design since then. But will let guard down this one time for anyone interested in seeing some lamps I make using recycled parts: http://www.rte66.us
Getting it out there might motivate me to redo/update. Maybe.

Great art, by the way! I really like the elements you used for those lamps! Do you sell them? You should!
 
0
•••
Coder/Designer for me.
 
0
•••
My jobs:

-web designer P/T
-ski instructor P/T
-umpire (baseball) P/T
-student
 
0
•••
0
•••
Full Time, online... giving it a go :)

Mike
 
0
•••
Multimedia Developer - I create corporate multimedia training using Macromedia Authorware.

I also do quite a bit of web design as well. I do about 50/50 of each.
 
0
•••
Great art, by the way! I really like the elements you used for those lamps! Do you sell them? You should!
Thanks Anthony.
The lamps (and other furniture design) has morphed into my major source of income during past 5 years. My work is in several galleries and showrooms throughout world and I have a large celeb clientele. I have used the site primarily for communicating w/ galleries/showrooms- my experience has been that items are a little too high ticket for successful online sales . Gotta update/revamp that site. All lamps shown have been sold and are long gone. Will post info when new site complete. (Where does the time go- don't even have enough time to procrastinate anymore!)
 
0
•••
Business Manager

More specifcally: Part owner/Secretary-Treasurer of family owned local wholesale distibution company. Includes sales and general management, technology sales support, marketing, network admin (WAN/LAN), finance, and whatever else needs done.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Grrilla
Thanks Anthony.
The lamps (and other furniture design) has morphed into my major source of income during past 5 years. My work is in several galleries and showrooms throughout world and I have a large celeb clientele. I have used the site primarily for communicating w/ galleries/showrooms- my experience has been that items are a little too high ticket for successful online sales . Gotta update/revamp that site. All lamps shown have been sold and are long gone. Will post info when new site complete. (Where does the time go- don't even have enough time to procrastinate anymore!)

Ah, I knew I could tell quality when I saw it! Great job with those lamps, let me know when you get to redesigning the site.

How did you get into making them in the first place?
 
0
•••
im on break after graduating the big high school gig... im thinking of going onto college to become more advanced in php/mysql, and all that goody good stuff
 
0
•••
hehe...

I've been all sorts...but presently Medical Recruitment. (Background is IT/Telco) but I talked to so many incompetant muppets I thought i could do better. As the MEdical market is booming, with bugger all candidates, makes it a good deal for the consultant ;)

We shall see. Need the cash to renew my Domains...and the wife ;) lol
 
0
•••
Originally posted by SY4
hehe...

We shall see. Need the cash to renew my Domains...and the wife ;) lol

When does the wife expire Matt?;)
 
0
•••
How did you get into making them in the first place?
Started building them after big earthquake (Northridge) in early '94 out of parts literally taken out of my house. Got them onto some film sets and into the Gallery of Functional Art. Interior Design mag did a little writeup followed by Architectural Digest and a few others and demand has slowly grown. Alec Baldwin just bought 4 lamps for his place in New York. (Now, if I could just get a few of my lamp customers to buy a couple of domain names!):lol: %%-
Sorry gang about all the side topic converstion I'm putting out there in this thread. This design work be my major passion
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Free Spirit over here!
 
0
•••
DomainBlasters-
No Preservatives added™

You actually have this trademarked or is DomainBlasters part of.
W/ name is cool also, but the "NoPreservatives added™" solo would be awesome, IMO.
 
0
•••
great lamps!WOW! keep up the good work!
 
0
•••
LMAO @ Benson

Umm, July15th 2006 ;)

I bet it'll cost more than $8.88 to renew her tho..lol

MAtt
 
0
•••
Hi Grrilla,

It was really nice to know and then see classic works of your artistry.... that's really great... though by profession I'm a 'chartered accountant' but my love for various art forms (painting, designing, poetry, music) have always been dominant upon my personality right from the youth.... I can feel that how any artisit loves his creations and feels about them... Please let me know when new arrivals are showcased online for viewers.... My heartly appreciation for that great works of art.... Keep it up...
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Grrilla
Started building them after big earthquake (Northridge) in early '94 out of parts literally taken out of my house. Got them onto some film sets and into the Gallery of Functional Art. Interior Design mag did a little writeup followed by Architectural Digest and a few others and demand has slowly grown. Alec Baldwin just bought 4 lamps for his place in New York. (Now, if I could just get a few of my lamp customers to buy a couple of domain names!):lol: %%-
Sorry gang about all the side topic converstion I'm putting out there in this thread. This design work be my major passion

Hey, sounds great! And Alec Baldwin likes them! You can't beat that! Oh, maybe Jay Leno would be interested in some for his house?

:)
 
0
•••
US Marine teaching at a University. To much time on my hands compared to the regular military life style. Getting ready to retire soon. My "other" full time jobs - domain pimping (if I heard that correctly) and father of 5 with another due in May. yes, that would be six kidos. :blink:
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back