NameSilo

What's wrong with my code?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

Ja$on

VIP Member
Impact
62
Anyone tell me what's up with my site?

http://behindthebushes.com/

Looks like in IE6 it isn't centered and some of the design exceeds the wrapper on the right side. :(

IE7 it looks fine.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
In IE6 if you have anything before the DOCTYPE (including the xml prolog) it throws the browser into quirks mode, meaning the box model renders in the old, incorrect/buggy way. (Microsoft actually did that on purpose to allow documents to validate but still remain compatible with hacked legacy code.)

I didn't look closely, but I'm guessing from the description and a quick look at your code that that's your problem. Remove the xml prolog and you should be OK (or put quirks mode hacks for IE6 and lower ). Or use an html doctype instead.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Do you know this quicks mode hack for IE6?
 
0
•••
I think I fixed it, anyone using IE6 that can check?

Nope, still broke, I made sure all of the validation was correct but sigh, still broke.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back