Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

What's with area code domains?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Jeanco

RyanPrice.ca - DeveloperEstablished Member
Impact
4
Whenever it comes to three number domains people always talk about area codes? Why is this? how does this add value? I live in the 905 area code and I've never gone to any 905 TLD
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Well, a lot of people use their area code to identify with their local area. In other words -- and this is especially practiced around New York City -- people can just say "Representing the 212" and you know they live in Manhattan. I don't know how valuable that makes the domain 212.com, but it certainly adds value.

Maybe that's a NYC thing, but don't you identify with with your area code more than your zip code?
 
0
•••
i agree with Anthony on this one
 
0
•••
Can't say I've ever been representing the 905...
 
0
•••
Here the zipcode might actually do better... lol...
 
0
•••
Agreed with Anthony, I would stick with my area code which is 905 as well!
 
0
•••
Oh Canada! :)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back