IT.COM

What's the point?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't really understand what is the point to sell domain name for less than a registration fee?

You can find here domains for sale which are $10-15 ..why does it happen?

Time, fund transaction, everything cost money...

Or, maybe, you guys know where to register domain for just a couple of bucks?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have exhausted all the life out of the domain and have no use for it. Most of use here don't own one or 2 domains.

•••
Sometimes its better to get some money back, as opposed to none.

•••
Right, better to cut your losses while you can sometimes.

The whole reg and push of a Domain takes very little time honestly.

Mike

•••
Sometimes the money from a sale of a so so name goes towards the purchase of a better name.

When funds are tight...

ST

•••
Or sometime when the domain is nearing its expiration, the owner may choose to sell it at a lower price.

•••
If you can sell for $10-$15 every domain you buy for $7 it can actually be worth it. Unfortunately not every name is a winner, but you have 365 days to figure it out!

•••
Originally posted by aptimass
If you can sell for $10-$15 every domain you buy for $7 it can actually be worth it. Unfortunately not every name is a winner, but you have 365 days to figure it out!

damn Right!!

•••
I would have to agree with Anthony on this one. :)

•••
it does make sense than

Originally posted by aptimass

What is the best place for registration?
$7 - that's a good price. I'm paying more than that.

Could you tell me, please, where can I get domain for $7?

Thanks

•••
•••
Re: it does make sense than

Originally posted by a_name
What is the best place for registration?
$7 - that's a good price. I'm paying more than that.

Could you tell me, please, where can I get domain for $7?

Thanks

There are also a lot of us here that will reg domains for you at good deals. I can do them for $7.95 and though I am sure I have seen them for lower, thats as low as I will go.

Check out the forum and you will come up with lots of offers.

•••
I use fabulous for all my domain regs. Once you spend or deposit 2K you will get the $7 rate. Over 1K is $7.50, $8.00 to start out with, if you have the domains to get the wholesale account. Fabulous doesn't have any service charges either, a $6.95 enom account is actually a $7.15 account.

•••
useful info

Thank you, guys, it's very useful information!

•••
$6.99 at Name.com or DomainSite.com. And in the very near future, RegisterFly.com will have $6.75 regs!

•••
righto, sometimes we make a mistake in buying a dropped domain that turns out not to be worth than what we though. And most of us own more than 5 domains at a time that we have no use for but to sell.

Originally posted by Anthony
Sometimes its better to get some money back, as opposed to none.

•••
I don't know about you guys and gals, but sometimes I just like a name and register it with the intensions of developing the site, next thing you know, you have done nothing with it and it is time to reup. Then is the time that I might sell a domain rather that have it drop...:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back