IT.COM

discuss What's the general consensus on .gay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ClankityClack

Established Member
Impact
What do you all think of .gay? I can't really find any discussion of it anywhere, other than press releases and promotional blurbs. Is it pretty much dead? Does it have a future? Is it worth investing in? Anyone having any luck selling it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you all think of .gay? I can't really find any discussion of it anywhere, other than press releases and promotional blurbs. Is it pretty much dead? Does it have a future? Is it worth investing in? Anyone having any luck selling it?
I have never seen one in use.

NameBio shows no sales.

It seems like an irrelevant extension, especially when it comes to domain investment.

Brad

•••
google query for inurl:.gay literally only finds the registry site and it's not even in top 5.
Thats three years from launch. I think it's a failed extension.

•••
google query for inurl:.gay literally only finds the registry site and it's not even in top 5.
Thats three years from launch. I think it's a failed extension.
site:gay would be a better query, but you're right about "failed extension".

•••
Thanks for the responses. I've registered some .gay names, but I guess I probably shouldn't expect anything from them.

•••
•••
•••
•••
When all the great and almost all good words (anime, hentai, ...) are registry premiums, that pretty much kills domainers' interest from the start.

As for end users' weak interest, chat.gay (registry premium of course) is still available for only $1k (Dynadot). It renews at $2k, but even so I think that is quite revealing.

•••
see absolutely no commercial use in it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back