vote
    2.0%
  • 9th (tie)

Do Not have any Interest

vote
    2.0%

Impact
Nothing like a good poll :)

There have been some very good discussions around the Chinese market which is very unfamiliar to myself but I have had a little dabble :D

Poll is anonymous but I would be very interested to see what you think and you can pick more than one

Thanks for taking part

Michelle x

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing like a good poll :)

There have been some very good discussions around the Chinese market which is very unfamiliar to myself but I have had a little dabble :D

Poll is anonymous but I would be very interested to see what you think and you can pick more than one

Thanks for taking part

Michelle x
You might want to add .ch to that list-this from a Chinese Broker ".ch has many possibilities in China"

•••
•••
I think they will use .com or .cn for their actual site as long as they expect / want traffic from around the world. I think they will use IDN.IDN for forwards to those sites, especially if they are not already well known. They can market the IDN.IDN inside of china as it's something more memorable and unique to get more traffic. I have a feeling any IDN, as long as both sides of the dot work together, will be very popular!

There are a lot of IDN you didn't list, those are good too, for the most part. I particularly like 机构 (agency) right now. It has ~330 registrations and almost 2 years old. There is huge opportunity there as many single characters are still available! It's like being able to register a single char .net or .org today! I have made posts concerning why this is so neglected, but no1 has any real answers.

Everyone wants to look professional, and these could be used for email accounts too! Use agency for example, and a person named xue shao, say they're in the business of taxes. using English their email might be [email protected]. or something pinyin, problem is, those are translations, they can be forgotten or not even understood! But using IDN:
薛邵@税.机构 means the same thing, but it is a lot easier for a Chinese person to remember than those others.

Put yourself in their shoes, what makes sense, which do you appreciate? Finally people are starting to realize that IDN could be the next big thing.

•••
There are a lot of IDN you didn't list, those are good too,.

Thank you for your reply .. Yea as I said IDN land is all very new to me but still very very interesting.

•••
Chinese like .in as well. Besides being india ext and sounding like international - they do trade .in domains on their websites as well.

•••
I'm thinking, with them talking about banning .com; .xyz and .cn might become the most popular. I am hoping .xyz does! I picked up a few. :)

•••
I'm thinking, with them talking about banning .com; .xyz and .cn might become the most popular. I am hoping .xyz does! I picked up a few. :)
banning .com LOL

•••
•••
I know! lol
Cant see it happening but if they do then I think the ones I mentioned.

•••
I know! lol
Cant see it happening but if they do then I think the ones I mentioned.

They would be insane to do this - as all their major players will essentially quit and move out (along with their billions). I believe the government in china is sponsored by those players (at least partly) so noone would be that dumb.
Of course, for everyone here banning .COM would be the worst possible outcome as everything would immediately crash, so - I would not even bring it up on the forum. It's pretty shaky time as is :)

•••
haha Cool! Will bear that in mind. Thank you.

I do agree would be a huge mistake for any country to try banning it especially china with the amount of money flowing from there into the .com's.

•••
I like .公司 (company) because it's part of the names of many Chinese companies such as 百度.公司 (Baidu.company).

•••
•••
I hear there's a .xin coming out in China. And don't forget .top

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back