Domain Empire

strategy What tool do you use to find the number of ads for a keyword domain ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aramyus

Established Member
Impact
When appraising a keyword domain, an important indictaor is the number of ads (adwords) for this keyword (preferably excluding uninteresting ads from comparators)

I am looking for a free tool that shows a quick result

Google is not easy to use. More and more they display ads based on the person logged (for example, based on geographical location, but I suspect they have more personalization)

SEMRush has rather aged and sometimes obsolete data

May be spyfu.com or keywordspy.com are better solutions

What tool do you use ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spyfu is popular among domain investors. There are others to chose from which I think all provide their service via paid subscription.

You may want to have a look here: https://serps.com/tools/

•••
Google Adwords preview tool. https://adwords.google.com/apt/AdPreview
Set your own geo preferences. Most ads are only displayed in a certain geo region, sometimes a country, sometimes just specific cities.

•••
adwords.google.com/apt/AdPreview
thanks
I see many limitations in G tools in general and this one in particular
- slower than ever. requires dozens of clicks. google decides what they want you to see, not what you ask. To me, adwords is almost unusable (except to buy ads)
- they show only your own ads (I did not find how many competing ads there are nor who paid for them)

Do you know any non google tool ?

•••
Keywordspy.com is also good.

•••
thanks
I see many limitations in G tools in general and this one in particular
- slower than ever. requires dozens of clicks. google decides what they want you to see, not what you ask. To me, adwords is almost unusable (except to buy ads)
- they show only your own ads (I did not find how many competing ads there are nor who paid for them)

Log out of Google, you'll see all ads for the keyword / location you choose.Most people don't care about anything past the first page of results, nobody clicks those.
They won't show you confidential information like who paid for the other ads.

Keywordspy / Spyfu, as others mentioned, are good - both arouhd $80-$90/month. I think Spyfu is the cheaper of the two.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I haven't used alexa for years, but from what I recall, they were primarily website-oriented rather than keyword-oriented.
I just visited their (new) interface today, and I could not find anything that counts the # of advertisers for a given keyword. May be it's somewhere, but I did not find it, and I didn't want to subscribe.

What I am really looking for is a simple indicator that counts how many advertisers there are for a keyword. Unfortunately, as stated earlier, G is not unreliable (they intercept your IP, cookies and they decide what they want to show. It's understandable for their announcers, but it does not solve my problem).

So far, the most convenient I've found is spyfu. May be there are good alternatives.

Thanks anyhow for the suggestion

•••
I highly recommend Keywordspy, but it's a little bit expensive.

•••
I highly recommend Keywordspy, but it's a little bit expensive

I have adopted the free version of spyfu: spyfu.com/keyword The results are truncated, but it usually gives a good idea of the ads for a keyword.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back