Dynadot

poll What percentage of your retail sales volume from last 12 months was reported on NameBio?

NameSilo
Watch

Over the most recent 12 months, what percentage of your retail sales volume was reported on NameBio?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 0%

votes
    72.5%
  • 1-25%

votes
    17.8%
  • 26-49%

votes
    3.8%
  • 50-74%

votes
    2.1%
  • 75-99%

votes
    1.3%
  • 100%

votes
    2.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
To help assess what percentage of retail sales by individual investors are on NameBio, it is helpful to have input from sellers. Over the most recent 12 months, what percentage of your retail sales dollar volume was reported on NameBio, either by you or reported by the venue?

Please answer in terms of total sales volume. For example if you had sales of $10,000, $5000, $2000, three sales at $1000, but only the $5000 sale was reported on NameBio, call that 25% since $5000 out of $20,000 total was reported. Do not count wholesale sales to other domain investors.

Thank you in advance for responding to the poll.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Great question!

Generally, while evaluating a domain name (We all do it differently), one of the different data analysis's I do is leveraging the sales date/price (NameBio.com + DnSal.es), current development type/parking/landing (Current asset check and dissection), and history (WayBackMachine), all together, to determine whether a sale was predominantly a reseller, hobbyist, or end-user (Which I consider to be end-user use cases). This helps establish value points for each of the different market segments.

Hi Eric

Thanks for posting how deep you go under the surface of sales data.

in past posts, i've spoken about how one can't really tell if it was enduser or wholesale/domainer purchase, unless they go and check what was done with the domain, after the sale.

your post certainly helps that side of the arguments i put forth previously.

Hi

even in all that context, one still wouldn't know all the unknowns i mentioned.

there is also a question about wholesale and retail.

where, and how do you figure the price was wholesale or retail, without knowing what the domain was used for, if at all

as i know of sales that were in 5 figure range, yet the domain remains parked, not resolving or under construction. or sales under $300, where domains were fully developed.

so, is it the platform where domain was purchased, the price it sold for, or what it was used for later, which makes it a wholesale or retail sale?

can it clearly be defined and categorized or is it a vague assumption or something that has to be determined on a sale-by-sale case?

all these things which are discussed, sound meaningful and relevant, yet if they are not fully broken down to the essence of understanding.... can add to the confusion.

imo...

Hi

unless you know who the buyers were and what they did/do with the domain, then you still don't know.

because endusers can buy at wholesale and domainers will buy at what appears to be enduser prices.

imo...

not trying to take it off too far either,
but when considering what is retail, one might have to wait and see what the buyer does with the name.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back