Dynadot

question-answered What other ways, besides hand registration, exist to register domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

imwangi

Established Member
Impact
My question may sound a bit mundane to many here. But I see a lot of people saying they have hand regged their domain. What other ways are there to register domains? I'm asking because I don't know any other way of registering domains except manually; by hand.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
To make it simple: handreg is a domain that hasn't been online before, newly created and registered for the first time (although technically it could have been used back in the past, just been dropped, but we simplify here) - It's something totally new.

Another way is buying or obtaining an already existing domain (ExpiredDomains.net, DropCatch, numerous auctions and marketplaces) - when one way or another you getting a domain that has been owned by someone else.

Name gets registered with the registrar exactly the same way in both cases, it's just a matter of how it was supplied to you.

•••
Thanks for the education. It's now clear to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back