discuss What matters to you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
There are a lot of things discussed in the domain community on forums and blogs. As someone who created the dot tv sub forum and modded here for over a decade along with owning or managing several blogs, I have always tried to pay attention to what gets the clicks and what gets ignored.

A long time ago I remember a former member here once pm'ed me and said "Hey eq the education posts are cool but I just don't care, just please help me sell my names, I just care about the money!"

Use this thread to list what you would like to see more discussed and what you think gets too much coverage or you personally just don't care about.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think one of the most important things is who your Registrar is. They can make your life difficult (most registrars) or as smooth as silk (not so many). I'm in and out of my Registrar's CP most of the day. But it's not just their CP. It's the whole package, good support, good pricing (doesn't have to be the lowest), no BS. I even got advice on building my spreadsheet I was building. Which was priceless advice. It would have save me a full 24hrs (2 days) work, if I'd asked earlier.

Last edited:
•••
More tips or actual proven insight on how to sell besides "buy better domains" lol

I get thats a large part of it, but there also are good domains that arent selling. at least not for the price point they are asking. just my 2 cents

other than that, i couldn't really ask for more and Even what I am asking for, I have searched and found good content.

•••
Like myvid.com for $75K by Schilling in March...
It is for sale on his Uni as it was.

A lot of buyers do not change name servers, perhaps they do not know how and just buy the domain names as placeholders for future projects. Some even let names they buy for thousands and tens of thousands of dollars expire, either because they forgot about the domain name, were not educated that domain names actually need to be renewed or just mismanaged.

One example, is myself and Jason White brokered drink.com for 500K back in 2015 and the buyer still has the landing page up, I even reached out to them to tell them or advise that they "point it" elsewhere, to no avail.

•••
I think one of the most important things is who your Registrar is.
There are no ideal registrars...
Each has its own (dis)advantages and purpose to use... especially when you work with tens of various TLDs.

•••
A lot of buyers do not change name servers, perhaps they do not know how and just buy the domain names as placeholders for future projects. Some even let names they buy for thousands and tens of thousands of dollars expire, either because they forgot about the domain name, were not educated that domain names actually need to be renewed or just mismanaged.

One example, is myself and Jason White brokered drink.com for 500K back in 2015 and the buyer still has the landing page up, I even reached out to them to tell them or advise that they "point it" elsewhere, to no avail.
It's not comprehensible howww someone who pays a high amount of moneyyy for something he wants, then (after he received / owns it) don't care about it anymore or even forget it, such a behaviour is complete windyyy

But, of course, it's not myyy businesss at the end, it's just strange to see it (another reason to be critical if you read about high figure - sales which "end in such way").

Last edited:
•••
I'll say this also. Another thing that matters is the community warnings of potential scammers.
Some members recognize it right off the bat as they seen it many times. Thanks for the warnings as you are not only protecting your investments but others also.
We live in a dirty world with dirty people that will try to take advantage of the new and gullible.
If you are aware of any scams please let the community know as I will do the same for you.
Thanks

•••
•••
There are no ideal registrars...
Each has its own (dis)advantages and purpose to use... especially when you work with tens of various TLDs.

That's true. But some registrars carry a lot more GTLDs/ccTLDs/NGTLD's than most registrars. That should be included in your mix of "must have" options.

•••
I wish that people would not only think in English 🤣 because English is a West Germanic language

Simple : what matters to me is that there are more than 26 Latin letter alphabet

And why are they IDN ❓

Sample

Book is English
Buch isGgerman for Book ( reading a Book )

Books is English
Bücher is German ( but this is IDN )

What is wrong on this ?

•••
•••
A long time ago I remember a former member here once pm'ed me and said "Hey eq the education posts are cool but I just don't care, just please help me sell my names, I just care about the money!"

There's probably a lot of members (or just visitors), reading thru the forum, but never post a single reply. NP educate more people than anybody things, IMO.

What I want to see more here on Namepros is that MORE BUYERS and END USERS should visits this "domain ocean" Namepros, and buy their required names. Do not worry about the Sellers, they will automatically flyover here when there are lot of sales recorded. This is my small wish.

There is a quiet few of new members posting their very first post in the "wanted section". These may be the so called "end users" but looking for wholesale deal.

I wish that people would not only think in English 🤣 because English is a West Germanic language

I believe there is a lot of decent IDNs, especially in German language, but newbies are posting a non-sense one character IDN but there is not even an existing language for these characters. As Kate would say, short doesn't always mean better.

•••
I believe there is a lot of decent IDNs, especially in German language, but newbies are posting a non-sense one character IDN but there is not even an existing language for these characters. As Kate would say, short doesn't always mean better.

to IDN in german language have been a failure

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
There's probably a lot of members (or just visitors), reading thru the forum, but never post a single reply. NP educate more people than anybody things, IMO.

There is a quiet few of new members posting their very first post in the "wanted section". These may be the so called "end users" but looking for wholesale deal.

ITS ABOUT EQUALITY ❗

a is regular
ä is not regular ( IDN ) this is kind of racism

I spoke with some of the guys around Tim Berners-Lee Lee

•••
•••
Here is a freshhh example of what I mean(t) - there is simply no "ultimate proof" for the stated "6 figure sale" = money transfer (or money handing over):

Brent Oxley Acquires CPU.com for 6 Figures
https://www.namepros.com/blog/brent-oxley-acquires-cpu-com-for-6-figures.1080368/#post-6708369

It's the message, that "...today we can reveal that Brent has added to his portfolio with the acquisition of CPU.com. The deal was brokered by James Booth of BQDN for a six-figure fee..."

I don't sayyy that I don't believe such "reports" in principle - but fact is, that it is "only" a "post" about the "reveal" of an "acqusition" of a "specific domain" for an "unknown six-figure fee", "brokered by a specific person" - but this all is no "ultimate proof" for a 6 figure - moneyyy transfer (or money handing over).

I can believe it or not (like many things I read or hear) - I simplyyy don't knowww

I get where you are coming from what else did you think @James Iles should have done?

•••
Where's the .tv sub forum now? I cannot find it anymore:xf.frown:

Namepros changed the format here, no more subforums.

•••
Use this thread to list what you would like to see more discussed
Creative uses for domains. Domains need to be more advantageous and desirable to the average person.

•••
what you think gets too much coverage or you personally just don't care about.
Crypto. Poor souls: "a fool and his money are soon parted."

•••
I get where you are coming from what else did you think @James Iles should have done?
The publication of a(n anonymized) copy of the invoice + bank transfer / transaction (Escrow, PayPal / ...) could be a possible solution, there should actually be no reason to not provide it to @James Iles, it would just "strengthen" the corresponding domain / seller if the published sale would include such a copy, it would at least be some kind of "confirmation".

But of course I am aware that this still would not be the "ultimate proof", we all knowww that people can submit fake documents - although I believe in the good and therefore I think this would be rather rarelyyy the case.

It's just an idea - I simply have the presumption that sale - publications with such a "proof" would be taken more seriouslyyy overall.

Last edited:
•••
I would love to see some more posts about the personal knowledge and experience in domain selling and i really hope that the experienced domainers would sincerely sharing their knowledge in clear and more detailed,. So the less experienced or even the newcomer domainers will be able to understand better. And the last one, i hope there will be no discrimination between newcomer and the less experienced one who doesn't always succeed in sales but they seems quite "elite" but not really beneficial to others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back