IT.COM

discuss What makes for a good brandable domain ? Showcase your brandables here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
With thousands of startups needing a name for their new company and many more existing businesses also branching out all the time and needing names for their new line of products and services it seems that brandable domains is one of the areas that could be very beneficial to domainers both old and new and deserves to be explored further.

Below are a few points of discussion to get this thread started, if I have left something important out please let me know so that it can be added to them. If you have any tips or advice about brandable domains please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

1-What is a brandable domain.

2-How many different types of brandable domains are there and is one type better than the others.

3-What makes a brandable domain stand out amongst thousands of others.

4-What is the optimum length for a brandable domain, how long can a brandable domain be and still qualify as being a good choice.

5-What types of brandable domains are most desired by startups and existing businesses.

6-What is the best way to find brandable domains.

7-What is the best way to sell brandable domains.

Attention Newbies: It's probably best to first hear what some of the more experienced domainers have to say about this subject before you consider getting any domains, and even then it's probably best to experiment with just a few domains at a time. You should be able to sell one domain and then use the proceeds from that sale to get more domains, if you cannot even sell one domain then you are doing something wrong and need to adjust your strategy. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
short, easy to remember, catchy and easily standing out

•••
P l u g a r o o . com

You are going to need to charge those electric cars on the go!?

Last edited:
•••
A short, easy to remember and easy to type domain are the main ingredients of a good brandable domain, but that would be useless if the site is not constantly updated or the site is not unique and has short term marketability.
Totally (y)

•••
sometimes it doesn't have to mean anything. but it should stick

•••
I got Razzle (io) .. what do you think?

Dictionary word and got the double letter like most big companies and startup names Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter..

Also got a few 5L readable brandable names like Omfor..

Last edited:
•••
I have neerbi.com as in 'near by', or 'close to'

any thoughts?

•••
Picked this up off the drops a week or two ago.... I have stayed away from Brandables but figured this was a cool name. Was wondering your thoughts and also if Brandbucket is the place to go with this?
Cheers!

1j+ojl1FOMkX9WypfBe43D6kjPOBqBVGnhrJwXs1M3EMoAJtlCktjvBr8...w+

•••
•••
ServiHire .com
Bodytor .com (Body monitor)

What do you think about them?

•••
What about www.fhush.com

Pronounced as fresh

Thoughts anyone

•••
•••
I follow that short and catchy are invariably the best, but is it fair to say that all longish ones are not valuable? The reason I ask is one domain I have - hoopsinparadise(dot.com) could be an ideal brandable website for Glasgow Celtic FC supporters.

For those that don't know, the Hoops is their nickname and all Celtic fans refer to their ground based in the Parkhead district of Glasgow as Paradise.

This could be used as a fans forum or a Celtic FC ecommerce website (e.g. Amazon Associates) for instance.

What do you think?

•••
Wonderful thread, good for newbies

•••
NutriFavNP.jpg

I regged Nutrifav.com a few weeks back! I love a good brandable! ;)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
5L's / 5C (dawtcoms):

Lopux

CProt

VProt

NYSod

Bit52

•••
•••
•••
I have invested in many potential brandables recently. I believe in the long run brandables are becoming much more sought after than keywords especially by millenials and women. I suppose the term brandable is subjective but to me it should be clever, catchy, memorable and not too long.

As with anything, a domain is kind of like a lottery ticket- you don't know what the prize is if any until a sale happens. I am a novice but I trust my gut and only buy a name I would want to have or that I view as appealing.

•••
I follow that short and catchy are invariably the best, but is it fair to say that all longish ones are not valuable? The reason I ask is one domain I have - hoopsinparadise(dot.com) could be an ideal brandable website for Glasgow Celtic FC supporters.

For those that don't know, the Hoops is their nickname and all Celtic fans refer to their ground based in the Parkhead district of Glasgow as Paradise.

This could be used as a fans forum or a Celtic FC ecommerce website (e.g. Amazon Associates) for instance.

What do you think?

It may or may not be a good name for Celtics fan site but the fact that you need a Celtics fan (club) to buy it, makes it a bit difficult to sell. If they don't come knocking you're door (likely) what then? It's too specific, too niche as a domain investment is the point I'm trying to make here. Go for (brandable) names that have more than one use case.

And yes, short is better but there are some longer, phrase-like names that could work as brands as well.

IMO.

•••
•••
It may or may not be a good name for Celtics fan site but the fact that you need a Celtics fan (club) to buy it, makes it a bit difficult to sell. If they don't come knocking you're door (likely) what then? It's too specific, too niche as a domain investment is the point I'm trying to make here. Go for (brandable) names that have more than one use case.

And yes, short is better but there are some longer, phrase-like names that could work as brands as well.

IMO.

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Yes I am aware that the domain is specifically for Celtic fans (I bought it for that reason). Initially I bought it with the intention of building a fans blog/forum/ecommerce store. I may still do that. I only used this example to illustrate that you don't necessarily need a short name for it to be brandable. A short name is best, but not exclusively so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back