NameSilo

discuss What just happened to LLL.com CHIPS?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Boreas

Established Member
Impact
What just happened for the minimum LLL.com price to go from the average of around $40k to $30k in just a few days? a nearly $10k drop?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back when I started domaining, lll.com were a damned sight cheaper than today, they fluctuate, but over time they increase in value. I remember a thread on here at one time, LLLL.Com, Only 2000 left, then about 4 weeks later only 2000 left, until they all went. I abstained from the rush, much to my annoyance, and look where they are now. Take a deep breath, go on holiday for a month, come back, the world will still be here and so will your domains value. Gl

•••
first get your math straight...

CHIPs were selling at $65-$75k at the top of the market on Nov/Dec of 2015.
They have had a drop of ~55% to mid $30k at mid 2016 and then a modest rebound and now again another drop.

this seems much - and it is considering the short time it took - but in the big picture prices are still at first quarter of 2015 levels... a time where prices had already surge 6x since the lows in 2009/2010... and after price had break previous highs set on 2007 only at late 2013...

so take this in perspective and don't get too excited with the price action, either up or down.

There is no doubt that, with time 3L com domains will continue to appreciate because of rarety. However, I see no objective reason that chips and non chips prices should be much different in average. May be there is a new bubble on the way, but I don't see it coming soon.

That said, you are right. It's quite possible to make money in a declining market.

•••
Imo Hating on llls= hating on good profit.
LOL.
Even if lll.com prices go down more(which is unlikely)they will bounce back soon. Fundamentals are still strong and in place. ROI might be smaller but the cash flow is still good.lll.coms r either the kings or crown princes of domain names so i find it hilarious and pointless to think for a sec lll.coms are not great assets to hold and trade.remove denial,accept what the market wants.short+good extension+ time =no lose domain investing.

Are you kidding?

insurance.com
homes.com
travel.com
hotels.com
news.com
lawyer.com
doctor.com
md.com
contractor.com
realestate.com
homesforsale.com
search.com
money.com
stocks.com
property.com
geos.com (thousands of them)

PLUS
Thousands of other INDUSTRY KEYWORDS

I'd take an i or 1 prefix of the top 100 terms over 99% of 3 L's

3 L's are for 'domainers' that do not have the money to be in THE GAME

The types of keywords above are GODS if 3L's are kings or princes

More like court jesters

Last edited:
•••
I noticed too sharp decrease in all domain sale averages at the moment I think it's because of holiday spending fallout..?

•••
•••
Are you kidding?

insurance.com
homes.com
travel.com
hotels.com
news.com
lawyer.com
doctor.com
md.com
contractor.com
realestate.com
homesforsale.com
search.com
money.com
stocks.com
property.com
geos.com (thousands of them)

PLUS
Thousands of other INDUSTRY KEYWORDS

I'd take an i or 1 prefix of the top 100 terms over 99% of 3 L's

3 L's are for 'domainers' that do not have the money to be in THE GAME

The types of keywords above are GODS if 3L's are kings or princes

More like court jesters
Those names you posted are nice and great. I know KW names are also very valuable. But that doesnt change the fact that 3L.com is the most consistent money making type of .com to own.Compare random LLL.com to random KW.com who wins? Offcourse 3Ls are for domainers...you think domainers spend their money on it to waste their money? No. Domainers love and buy 3L.com for one reason- its a no loss investment and end users pay good $$ for them. If those KW names you posted are "GODS" then whats your issue with me calling LLL.coms Kings or crown princes? Seems like you got riled up because i gave LLL.com domains(which you probably have a bias against)some accolades? Hey man, different strokes or different folks diff types of domains will always be relevant and traded.I know i can run to short domains and dump any amount of money..because they have consensual, increasing value to the world.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back