IT.COM

What is your favorite redirect service?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Member
Impact
What do you use to redirect your domains en masse?

Besides Bodis, let's hear some opinions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any reason you would not do it via cpanel or even at the registrar level?

•••
well when you have a bunch of names across a bunch of registrars.. then obviously, with somehting like bodis around, doing it at registrar level is just not optimal.

I use above.com

but they got bit dirty/greedy few months back and stopped allowing url redirect from there.. unless your names are regged there.. which sucks... so I basically still stay with them cause sometimes I just use their sale landers.. but I also just go to bodis from them.. and then redirect like op.

I wish bodis had redirect with masking though.. so I can show my domain name on top.. in address bar. thatd be nice.. above.com used to have that before too.

cheers

•••
well when you have a bunch of names across a bunch of registrars.. then obviously, with somehting like bodis around, doing it at registrar level is just not optimal.

I use above.com

but they got bit dirty/greedy few months back and stopped allowing url redirect from there.. unless your names are regged there.. which sucks... so I basically still stay with them cause sometimes I just use their sale landers.. but I also just go to bodis from them.. and then redirect like op.

I wish bodis had redirect with masking though.. so I can show my domain name on top.. in address bar. thatd be nice.. above.com used to have that before too.

cheers

Do you have any issues with Bodis blocking the redirect? Because when I've tried it doesn't work with Adblockers enabled. Users will see a white page with the URL ending in /?z

•••
if bodis had masked redirect... I could just throw together a stupid little google sites page with my email address only. and say the domain name in address bar is for sale.. now with bodis I can't do this.. cause every domain they go to wil just show the stupid google sites address in address bar.

haha.

•••
Any reason you would not do it via cpanel or even at the registrar level?

To do this in CPanel seems to require all the names added in from your various registrars and then the redirect URL put in. One at a time. I'm not sure if it can be done an easier way besides manually inputting them all 1 by 1. Owning hundreds or thousands of domains this isn't efficient. Same with changing destination URL.

•••
Do you have any issues with Bodis blocking the redirect? Because when I've tried it doesn't work with Adblockers enabled. Users will see a white page with the URL ending in /?z

bodis once said on np that adblockers do not afect going to their own inquiry page..

but you are obviously talking abotu redirects.. I do not think its affected. but at same time. I don't really have a good way to test it from various countries... and or adblockers.

that'd be bad.. currently I use bodis to redirect to gd sale lander directly..

like so:

www.lyz.co

I hope I am not losing leads cause of adblocks on this.

Last edited:
•••
bodis once said on np that adblockers do not afect going to their own inquiry page..

but you are obviously talking abotu redirects.. I do not think its affected. but at same time. I don't really have a good way to test it from various countries... and or adblockers.

that'd be bad.. currently I use bodis to redirect to gd sale lander directly..

like so:

www.lyz.co

I hope I am not losing leads cause of adblocks on this.

Blocked for me:

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 6.53.45 PM.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm using UBlock Origin plugin on Chrome

•••
Even inquiry pages are white for me on Bodis.

•••
I'm using UBlock Origin plugin on Chrome

me I use adblock plus in chrome.. desktop.

oh man thats bad.

I wonder how mny leads I lost this way.

this sucks.

•••
Last edited:
•••
man this is really disappointing.. good thing you wrote this thread brought it to people atention.. if its this simple to block bodis redirects.. then I guess Im gona consider not using bodis redirects.. and revert to above.com sale lander for now..

can you try this last one for me on above.com lander.. ty

www.xtz.co

truth of matter is... I was kinda getting more leads with above.com lander on... vs any lander I went to through bodis.. always wondered why this may be so.. lol.. I may be closer to knowing answer now :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
All blocked, white pages.

ok thanks. thats it for me.

I'm done redirecting through bodis. I'll go back to above.com landers for now.

thanks for this info.

look forward to hearing some other options too.

thats too bad really for all the blocked stuff... cause it also means names parked for revenue are affected.. no question about it.. in sme way redirects are affected...

for all we know we could be getting 20-50% less parkign revenue due to adblockers!!! :)

cheers

Last edited:
•••
man this is really disappointing.. good thing you wrote this thread brought it to people atention.. if its this simple to block bodis redirects.. then I guess Im gona consider not using bodis redirects.. and revert to above.com sale lander for now..

can you try this last one for me on above.com lander.. ty

www.xtz.co

truth of matter is... I was kinda getting more leads with above.com lander on... vs any lander I went to through bodis.. always wondered why this may be so.. lol.. I may be closer to knowing answer now :)

Works (y)

•••
Last edited:
•••
ignore can't post the redirects that I use..."forum blacklisted"..
Yeah that's some security thing on NP. You'd have to screenshot it :xf.smile:

•••
•••
I've searched a little, haven't found a service that is free that works for this sorta thing.

Will probably just do this the hard way but in the meantime if someone has one feel free to post it here for everyone to see.

•••
I've searched a little, haven't found a service that is free that works for this sorta thing.

Will probably just do this the hard way but in the meantime if someone has one feel free to post it here for everyone to see.

well let me ask you this then.. where is it you wanna redirect?

•••
well let me ask you this then.. where is it you wanna redirect?
Using this idea for sending domains to certain pages or sites that I have for various uses. In the past I did use Bodis and it worked great but after seeing them blocked with the newer plugin I was using I stopped bothering with it.

•••
Using this idea for sending domains to certain pages or sites that I have for various uses. In the past I did use Bodis and it worked great but after seeing them blocked with the newer plugin I was using I stopped bothering with it.

ah ok.. so its not even like sale landers necessarily.. then I was gonna suggest you try something like above.com.. they have nice escrow built in (they are registrar so greatly helps the process and securiy).. and only 10% fee... mass payment to paypal (no fee)..

but hey maybe others will wanna try... so not all is wasted.

well I hope others post some nice free service.

otherwise for people with many names and many registrars, some of which do not even offer bulk url changes... and with potetnail of hving to modify these url every now and then.. it becomes basically undoable... to do it at registrars level. imo

gl

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back