Dynadot

question What is your favorite brand in laptop …?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sophiacalvin

Established Member
Impact
What is your favorite brand in laptop …?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been using lenovo for a while. The mid to upper range of laptops are really solid. Some of their cheaper "W" line I believe are not so well constructed.

•••
I have been using lenovo for some time and they have been great.

- Daniel :)

•••
Sony vaio is my favorite laptop. I have been using this laptop for past 4 years.

•••
mac... by far. My main computer is a PC, but nothing compares with an MBA or retina MBP.

•••
Samsung, I like everything from Samsung.

•••
Definitely Apple. :) So far I don't have any issues with my 2 year old Macbook Pro. I would like to save for a new 15" Macbook Pro Retina though. Every designer's dream laptop. :D

•••
•••
Best = Asus Worst = HP

Funny, I 100% agree. My Asus I've had for years, my HP one crapped out after a year lol...well for the most part.

•••
I personally like the quality of Lenovo. I tried Acer however it suffer from the problem with hinges.

•••
Funny, I 100% agree. My Asus I've had for years, my HP one crapped out after a year lol...well for the most part.

Had two HP's couple of years back, they were seriously constructed to die fast. Cleaned them too but they burned even the copper cooling system. Never a single problem with ASUS.

•••
ASUS is purely chinese brand however they are better then some leaders. Here in Indian ASUS is popular among small netbooks.

•••
•••
Strange, i'm still using a 2008 HP with no problems, it is a mid-high range, and since 2012 i'm not using it as desktop replacement anymore, only sometimes, when i travel (twice a month) or when i'd like to relax on my roof and enjoy some wind and some cold (i'm odd, i know).

On the other hand i've bought a ASUS on early 2007, and its monitor stopped working after less than 6 months. I had been using it for other 6 months with an external monitor, couldn't afford to stay 1-2 months without my laptop and couldn't afford to buy a temporary one, then tried to change some parts but the bug was mechanical, that specific model had a glitch in the construction, gradually damaging the internal VGA cable. This known problem has been confirmed by ASUS only at late 2009, when the warranty was over.
Then i just removed the monitor, and still using it like it is a very slim desktop.
Yes, the DVD player stopped working too. And i have only 2 USB 2.0 working of 4. AND i need to hold all the pieces together with scotch tape, but.... it's working fine. Seriously, it's working fine. Used it for more than 1 year as media player for HD movies (1080p x264), but then i bought a new Smart TV and for last 18 months it has been placed into a box. Then, 2 months ago, i brought it to my office, connected to the network and to one monitor, and, et voilà!, a new workplace.

I heard about some problems with HP laptops, but also about fully working ones after years and years.
However, for me, Lenovo, Sony Vaio and Asus are better than HP.

The best i've ever tried, however, are the Dell's. Don't matter if low range, mid range, high range or enthusiastic range, they're quite solid, stable, and last like forever.

•••
The best i've ever tried, however, are the Dell's. Don't matter if low range, mid range, high range or enthusiastic range, they're quite solid, stable, and last like forever.

I've had very good luck with Dell's also - the hardware becomes obsolete before anything breaks. Go through their small business section to avoid (most of) the bloatware they preinstall on consumer machines.

•••
ACSUS is best for me. I used ACSUS laptop and it works properly.

•••
I would always prefer Lenevo Laptop due to it's quality, durability and support.

•••
Sony brand are my favorites brand because its use past 5 year

•••
I'm using Acer for past 5 years, changed 3 models all are superior.

•••
Sony Vaio, I have used Dell and HP too but I am in love with my Vaio

•••
Lenovo has worked well for me for the last 4 years

•••
Toshiba Satellite

Not necessarily my favorite brand, but it's done well for me.

•••
My vote goes to Lenevo and Asus.

•••
Lenovo, Dell and Asus are OK.

Samsung = huge disappointment. After 6 months battery life was 30 minutes (despite using it with all possible power management etc). After 2 years hinges broken.

•••
My Toshiba Satellite has been rock solid for years and held up in value quite well. I just ordered another one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back