IT.COM

question What is the value of a LNL.com domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gurung

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I have a domain which is LNL.com. Could you please tell me if these type of domains have any value ? A few other I have are also similar mix types. Example - LLN NNL NLN etc. How much can I expect to get with this ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It really depends I think, what if tomorrow there's a new mainstream show coming that's called something, and LNL is the show abbreviation? Value could jump significantly.

•••
Also hmmm certain combinations are considered lucky that being said if certain combinations are considered lucky the certain combos should maybe count as 1? Like

54=1?
48=1?
84=1?
81=1?
Repeats?
"All good things come in pairs"

88=1?
99=1?

22=1?

33=1?
22=1?
55=1?
66=1?
77=1?

44?NO! LOL
00? Maybe?

11=1?

So like if you own 848484.com

Maybe one can say it is equation

1x1x1=1? Lol
Or
1+1+1=3?

81 is the number for the emperor of China .

84= lucky in thee end.( No matter what you do)
48= end up lucky.
54= sure to end ( as in whatever you do you finish or complete or you kill it lol)

Or

815484.com

Or

8x1x1x1=8?

Or

8136B

1x8x8x1=64?

Why would B equate to 1? Because B is Beijing.

To see which letters matter most check Namebio for history for sales of domains with pattern.

NNNL.com
Or
NNL.com

You will see the most purchased and valuable is B and S and K.

S China has 5 provinces names starting with S.

Of course I like C for China also W for Wang Chinese word for king.

Just my two cents. You don't have to agree. Just thinking outloud lol

Oh and I guess double letters same thing would apply?

AA=1?
Etc etc.

Last edited:
•••
I'm totally lost with this, it's all Chinese to me.

I'm going to have to stick with western values.

•••
I'm totally lost with this, it's all Chinese to me.

I'm going to have to stick with western values.
Lol

It's fun though when you rationalize it with maths to prove rarity

•••
i think you guys/gals are getting off subject, and venturing into the realm of obscene speculation.

imo...

•••
i think you guys/gals are getting off subject, and venturing into the realm of obscene speculation.

imo...

Lol you might be on to something there . There are alot of people with similar domains they have no idea the value until they let it drop and it gets sold on godaddy expireds or NJ or snapnames for $xxxx.

Alot of Chinese were pitched to by Chinese domain brokers using the same explanation I gave here.

Worked for some. Tell an entry level domainer in China about what makes short domains rare and what I explained above " could" be possible to swallow. As they say there's a sucker born every minute. Just don't be the last sucker holding the bag. Let it be someone in China .

Rare is always the selling point to Chinese.

You tell them hotjobs.com is worth $1 million dollars and most won't understand why just because you say so or because that's the price tag on it. but tell them there's only 6578 possible combinations for a LLLN.com?? Now you are talking the language of rare.

Last edited:
•••
y1y.com 3,600 USD 2017-02-14 NameJet
s1s.com 3,450 USD 2017-02-14 Sedo

•••
@Kassey Lee - Hello , I have about 6 LLNN AND LLLN names (some containing 8) which I'm looking to sell to end users, it would be nice to have your views on the best possible returns i could get for them . Many thanks if you could have a look.

•••
LLNN AND LLLN names (some containing 8) which I'm looking to sell to end users,
Selling to end users is every investor's dream, but it is not easy. You need to locate and then contact them. And language is another issue if you want to sell to China. I don't have any easy solution.

•••
Selling to end users is every investor's dream, but it is not easy. You need to locate and then contact them. And language is another issue if you want to sell to China. I don't have any easy solution.

I am seeking your opinion on what would be a rough price range for these domains...

I am part of a few networking groups with chinese brokers ( if there is a need) but it would be nice to get an independent rough estimate ($$$$$...etc) on the valuation of these domains from you .

•••
•••
Sorry I don't know.

Thanks anyway... your newsletter on chinese market is informative though... perhaps you'll post some LLNN sales in time when you come across them that might help with pricing apart from nmebio...

•••
what do the Chinese think about IDN domains?

•••
Hmm let me try

LLN = 21x21x8=3528 possible domains that could ever be created with this pattern at least for Chinese market. This is RARE. If it is truly .Com.

NNL = 8x8x21 = 1344 even more rare!

NLN = same as above but no as valuable due to pattern.

If any of your domain numbers is 8? The calculations above drastically drops as you will need to change the equation above by replacing 8 with 1.

As 8 is thee most desirable number to the Chinese.

For western?

LLN set the desireable number is not 8 but 1.

But most western companies hardly ever have LLN domains.

Hard sell. But you can always use the equation above to do sales pitch. About rarity.

Good luck sounds like you have nice ones why not mention them here?
I have a domain with number 8 and its a 4 letter domain how much will it valuate for?
Domain name fru8.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back