IT.COM

poll What is the most you've spent acquiring a domain name?

NameSilo
Watch

What's the most you've spent acquiring a domain name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • <$20

votes
    10.8%
  • $21-$50

votes
    7.5%
  • $51-$200

votes
    10.6%
  • $201-$500

votes
    15.7%
  • $501-$1000

votes
    13.4%
  • $1001-$5000

votes
    24.5%
  • $5001-$10000

votes
    3.1%
  • $10000+

votes
    14.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
No need to share the domain names (unless you want to). Feel free to share below if the acquisition paid off, what negotiations were like, etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bought a name here for low xxx. Thats the most i have spent in my short time as a domainer.

•••
I bought a domain for $600 on a monthly payment plan ($25 per month for 2 years). That's the most I have personally spent. I had intended to build it how (famous last words, right?) but I ended up listing ot at GoDaddy and it sold via Premium listings $2,000.
I would say that was a good ROI.

I also bought a domain here for $5 and sold it (elsewhere) for $999 about 16 months later. It amazes me that some people will dump good domains here. I understand needing money, but getting $5 for a domain doesn't resolve a financial problem.

•••
I spent $1000 about 10 years ago. Still holding on to it.

If you are still holding it, do you feel it was a good investment? (I am not being antagonistic, I am sincerely curious). Do you have a target value that you are waiting on to sell it? Have you turned down other offers? (Inquiring domainer minds want to know) :)

•••
It amazes me that some people will dump good domains here. I understand needing money, but getting $5 for a domain doesn't resolve a financial problem.
The majority of domain holders don't realize there is a market for domain names, and that theirs could be worth something. And they do not always drop on purpose: sometimes domain holders die, forget, lose interest, or go out of business.

•••
If you are still holding it, do you feel it was a good investment? (I am not being antagonistic, I am sincerely curious). Do you have a target value that you are waiting on to sell it? Have you turned down other offers? (Inquiring domainer minds want to know) :)

I have not tried to sell it yet. The 2008 market crash made me hold off on offering it, and I am in no rush to sell. I think now is a bad time for big sales. It still needs to "mature in rarity" and I am betting on premium .com prices increasing.

•••
Low xxx for a good geolocation, but newer tld. So we shall see whether it is a waste or not.

•••
The most I've spent is $3000+. It was domain related name..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back