Dynadot

offers What is the highest offer you've rejected?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
I thought it would be interesting to see offers that nP users turn downed in their domaining journey.

Let's share the amount of offer, and the domain name.

Let us know if you regret your decision?

For example:

This year I received a $2500 offer for Beverage.Catering by an enduser from U.K, but I've turned it down and I don't regret it. :happy:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Thanks

Can you please share what your screenshot is about???

Which platform you received this offers??

Are those names producing any incomes with Adsense or via other ad platforms??

Some of the offers very insane and unbelievable.

I am little confuse about those offers and reason behind those super high offer.

I am always open to learn something new. So you are most welcome to teach me understand about those offers and reason of those high offers for those names as well as your reason of rejection of 7 Fig and then accept $1K for same name.

Thanks

•••
I make some from Monetize COLB but the rest not much. I think the users were confused by the parking page. I have moved them avay from Above.com to Parking Crew, and since then, I sold Holylandpark dot com for 1000.

•••
I had an offer of about $160k for a real estate domain. Turns out the lady was trying to apply for a mortgage instead :xf.laugh:

•••
I had an offer of about $160k for a real estate domain. Turns out the lady was trying to apply for a mortgage instead :xf.laugh:

I had similar inbound "offer", $250k for RE domain, they wanted to searching a home for 250k...:-P

•••
I have rejected $1.5 million dollar offer for a cyber security related domain name in king .com

•••
I have rejected $1.5 million dollar offer for a cyber security related domain name in king .com

Great! Can you show the domain here or pm?

•••
upload_2018-7-30_14-0-45.jpeg

Big Baller Offer Comin Up!

•••
Hi,

This thread is becoming funnier with the day pass by. So many people who really have great name. Their rejection is justifiable as well. But few people just posting anything to get attention of others and think that people on this forum comes from different planet who does not have any market sense as far as domain goes.

I think intention or motive of this thread for us is to share real offer we receieved which has real genuine buyer who willing to negotiate little here and there besides their initial offer but less than our expectation price. That is called real rejection. Even I have receievd fake 7 Figure offers for some of my names but I did not post here. Even I can show you screenshot of real and fake offers both. But people who has good understanding for the market will tell right away if offer is real or not.

So humble to request to all. Plese post real offer rejected by you. Not fake one. If we post fake number without any base will degrade your reputation in long run. People will figure out right away if your post is real or fake to get attention.

Final decision is yours. Just sharing as good friend.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

This thread is becoming funnier with the day pass by. So many people who really have great name. Their rejection is justifiable as well. But few people just posting anything to get attention of others and think that people on this forum comes from different planet who does not have any market sense as far as domain goes.

I think intention or motive of this thread for us is to share real offer we receieved which has real genuine buyer who willing to negotiate little here and there besides their initial offer but less than our expectation price. That is called real rejection. Even I have receievd fake 7 Figure offers for some of my names but I did not post here. Even I can show you screenshot of real and fake offers both. But people who has good understanding for the market will tell right away if offer is real or not.

So humble to request to all. Plese post real offer rejected by you. Not fake one. If we post fake number without any base will degrade your reputation in long run. People will figure out right away if your post is real or fake to get attention.

Thanks
You just said the simple truth.

•••
Great! Can you show the domain here or pm?

This particular member - Manoj Shah
has a tendency to make ridiculous claims.So, ignore his nonsensical comments.

I have some valuable domain names at over $200 million dollars

NewLightInsurance.com- $10,000,000
Thecargo.xyz- $100,000,000
Rurbanproperty.com- $20,000,000

NewBiller.com - $2,900,000
MallBiller.com- $2,900,000
WineBiller.com- $1,000,000
Xinticket.com- $10,000,000
Novagameshop.com- $1,000,000
Fastotrader.biz- $15,000
Bitcoinprime.co.uk- $15,000
101Hyperloop.info- $20,000
Trendilia.com- $5,500,000
Appsecura.xyz- $20,000
Netsecura.xyz- $20,000
Loanclues.com - $1,000,000
GalaxyPalazzo.com- $50,000,000
BookmySpeech.com- $1,000,000
Tactobet.com- $500,000
888mojo.com- $1,28,000
WeMilf.com- $10,000,000
xxxcoast.com- $100,000

https://www.namepros.com/threads/my...portfolio-ever-newlightinsurance-com.1021416/

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wish I could say i’ve turned down fat offers like you guys but the truth is that one of those sales would save my butt for a long time lmao. I got an email from Undeveloped about a name I sold here on NP for around $30 (I had forgotten to remove the name), someone offered $450 and I dont have the name anymore :(

•••

Last edited:
•••
Yes
The offer was $5k down, and the the rest monthly payments.
Ok, you almost caught me there pal. That now made some sense.

•••
Wish I could say i’ve turned down fat offers like you guys but the truth is that one of those sales would save my butt for a long time lmao. I got an email from Undeveloped about a name I sold here on NP for around $30 (I had forgotten to remove the name), someone offered $450 and I dont have the name anymore :(
Why not contact the NP user and broker perhaps you could get part of the cash. Everybody wins. Imo...

•••
Why not contact the NP user and broker perhaps you could get part of the cash. Everybody wins. Imo...
I am in the process of contacting him :) Not asking for a brokerage fee though. Ya win some ya lose some, thats the domain game lol

•••
I turned down USD $10,000 last year for 360shop (dot) com
Think I could do much better.

•••
Brokering is a touchy subject for me. I have yet to come across many that I like and I have never had a broker successfully sell a name for me. If you are asking about the rejected offers I mentioned above then know that only the first two that I named were related to the brokerage that approached me unsolicited. The rest of the rejections I mentioned but did not name were inquires and negotiations that I handled myself.

I have tried nearly every broker around and they are almost all terrible. They will insist that every name you own is worthless. When that happens you have to sit back and ask yourself if you should re-evaluate your portfolio or if something else is up. I have sold enough names now and at high enough prices to recognize that I know how to do this as well as anyone. If anything I am selling my names for prices that are far too low. This should be the void that a broker fills, but most of them only seem to deal with the low hanging fruit.

Look at people like Rick Schwartz, Michael Berkens, and especially Mike Mann. They don't push their names through brokers or do any outbound work. Frank Schilling doesn't either; all of his outbound work is spent relentlessly harassing previous inbound inquiries. I would love to use stronger language here, but I would recommend that you forget about using brokers. They only seem to leech a cut out of names that are already good enough to sell themselves.

I started building my platform back in 2012 after experiencing this nonsense. This was back when DomainNameSales (now Uniregistry) was exclusive to a few limited high end sellers and BrandBucket was the only game in town in its niche but with its notoriously outrageous fees. So while I am reluctant to recommend a competitor that has come along well after I conceived a similar idea, Doron Vermaat is a good dude and I would recommend using Efty. Self-brokered names at Uniregistry and Epik are also solid ideas. If I can ever get time to give my own platform legs and release it to the public then I think it will undoubtedly make a solid impression as well.

If you want to know the brokers that I have so far found to be decent then here is my list:
  1. Lumis: Hobi and Slade Michalec, formerly of Domain Holdings, are polite and courteous enough to reply to you even if they decline to broker your names. I have found that quality to be rare among brokers.
  2. NameExperts: Joe Uddeme, also formerly of Domain Holdings, is just as polite and willing to be honest with you about your names. He is also one of the Masters of Domains: https://www.escrow.com/cn/masters-of-domains
  3. NameConnect: John Daly seems to be a good dude and lacks the pretentiousness so common in this field.
  4. Evergreen: I have never tried them, but I am a fan of Adam Strong. He seems like a sincere guy and someone worthy of trust. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him.
That's it. I have talked to over a dozen brokers and brokerages, some now defunct, and that is all I would personally recommend at this time. There are some truly bad ones out there and some of them are surprisingly considered top dogs. Color me less than impressed.

I owe all of my success in domain investing to watching what Mike Mann does and ignoring all of the other noise out there. Margot Bushnaq's BrandBucket also opened my eyes to the opportunities that exist with made up words and while I owe some of my success to following that path I absolutely hate their business model.

Thanks for that info. I only have maybe 10-20 domains that would be worth a good bit, that would be worth brokering. The rest are smaller names for either Afternic or BB. I am trying to build up namedream.com but it's slow going.

•••
Hi,

Thanks
FYI, the broker at Above.com rejected some of those as they could not verify them.

•••
$500 AUD (not USD) for a/r/t/v dot com dot au which I hand regged and kinda regret oh well win some lose some

•••
$500 AUD (not USD) for a/r/t/v dot com dot au which I hand regged and kinda regret oh well win some lose some

Yeah limited market because of the restrictions. Only 25 million residents and only a fraction of them will even care about domains ever (especially when .com is another choice (y) .)

Last edited:
•••
$500 from Face-uk.com and i have Faceuk.com
i countered $2500 but not reply from face-uk.com

•••
Yelo Molo (A Spanish band, I believe in Canada) recently offered to buy back yelomolo dot com for 50 dollars, I countered 5000 and they replied with a bunch of smiley faces.

•••
Bought a .biz for 5 usd. Offered 5K, sold for almost 50K to someone else. Not reported.

Got a cctld in landrush, was offered 5k and later 10k, althought I didn't respond, and also about 10k from someone else. Still keeping, not regretting, want at least 10x more, and can easily sell for 1M if one of the potential buyers becomes motivated enough. There is a tm risk, so I have to be careful.

Sold a 3 letter meaningful, but not a top quality .info for 3K, and realized later by looking at other sales, that I could have sold it for 30K to the same person.

Was offered and accepted 1500 at Sedo. but buyer didn't pay, and domain dropped after many years.

•••
I had this .org domain name years ago that I was not sure what it meant, because it was either a drop or someone sold it to me in a group of names, so I had it on Sedo and forgot about it, and one day I got an offer for 80 Euros, my price was ar 100Euros, and they were asking for a "justification" of that asking price. I looked and I had missed where they had offered 60 before, so I was like take the money and run.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back