Dynadot

question-answered What is the Difference between Exact match domain and brandable domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

David001

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello Np members,

I'm new to this, and want to know, whats the main difference btw exact match domain and brandable domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An EMD (exact match domain) is a domain modeled after the Google search. For instance if I live in Brooklyn and need a plumber I may search for "Brooklyn plumber," so brooklynplumber.com would be the exact match domain for this search. You also have partial match domains, like maysdiner.com, where diner is what people may look for.

The value behind these is in increasing SEO friendliness by including the popular keywords in the domain name, whether or not this still works is up for dispute.

A brandable domain is any domain that can work as a brand. NamePros.com is an example of a brandable, but so is Yahoo.com. These are of course two different types of brandables.

But the idea is that the value lies in the brand. It's catchy, and easy to remember.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back