Domain Empire

What is GoldenFind Domains and how did they beat out Dropcatch?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
Every time I have used dropcatch it worked and now someone or some dropcatcher I never heard of beat it.
Anyone ever heard of this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think what happens is any 1 registrar is allowed to ping/send request for dropped domain only so many times per minute. Since icann gives this limit, places like dropcatch run 100's of registrar in order to have better chance of beating everyone else, with many more pings. Once in awhile anyone with fewer registrar can get lucky.

•••
That sucks, I really wanted this one, the way it goes.

•••
Are you sure those unknown registrars you see don't belong to snapnames?

From what I've noticed, Dropcatch and Pheenix show their brands clearly when a domain has been caught by them.. that's not the case with snapnames though.

If you see the NS of the domain changed to interimnameserver then that's Snapnames alright

•••
ns1.interimnameserver.com
ns2.interimnameserver.com

Yep. So Snapnames is always going to beat out Dropcatch? Or its just a fraction of a second luck of the draw thing.

•••
ns1.interimnameserver.com
ns2.interimnameserver.com

Yep. So Snapnames is always going to beat out Dropcatch? Or its just a fraction of a second luck of the draw thing.

From my experience.
90% of the time, snapnames beat Dropcatch for the kind of domains I try to catch.

•••
So I signed up for snap names and wanted a domain the other day and used that and dropcatch. obviously rooting for dropcatch to get it for $59 vs $79 with snap.

So dropcatch beat out snapnames, great, no not great. lol
there was 1 other user so it went to public auction and now multiple bidders for it.
If snapnames had grabbed it then I would have been the only user and got it.

•••
So the domain that went to public auction the other day went off for almost $700. If snapnames had got it for me I would have had it for $79. I obviously didn't pay $700.

Used dropcatch and snapnames again today and dropcatch beat them out again. Luckily all by myself this time.

•••
It's not always obvious which dropcatch company grabbed the name. Dropcatch, however advertise with a lander when they win, however, there are alot of dropcatchers out there.

Since each entity is allowed only so many requests to icann, alot of dropcatchers create multiple registrars to have more influence on the drop. I'm not certain, but if memory serves correctly, DC and snapnames each have hundreds in their arsenal to muscle for dropping names.

•••
well dropcatch beat out snapnames the 2 times I used both at once.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back