Domain Empire

What is difference between web2.0 and web3.0

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is difference between web2.0 and web3.0. how it will effect on design

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
plain and simple, web3.0 holds the same difference as web4.0, web5.0, web6.0: none of them even exist :)

•••
Web1.0: The information published on the web in a static manner. It is like your word document on the web with pictures and formatting done neatly. Hyper-linking the web-pages and bookmarking were two of the most important aspect of Web1.0 world. . Even today more than 70% users are only familiar with Web1.0.

Web2.0: This term was coined by Tim O’Reilly The information published in web2.0 world is very different from web1.0. There is a very high importance given on usability and sharing. The information published in Web2.0 world travels like wild fire, either partially or in full. Web2.0 world has less clutter coupled with easy retrieval of precise information and furthermore building upon that information and sharing it further. Widgets and Tagging are two important features of Web2.0. For a comprehensive information on web2.0, click here

Web3.0: To be honest, there are varied perceptions of what Web3.0 is. It is purely a word coined as the next version of Web2.0. One basic thing that everyone accept is Web3.0 will be a maze / network of application working together homogeneously. The users can do anything and everything they want from a single source on the web. There is yet a lot of time for Web3.0 world to arrive.
http://trak.in/tags/business/2007/0...nd-web-30-simple-explanation-for-non-techies/

•••
Thanks for the link William, I've often wondered this same question myself.

•••
Weblord had a great link that sums it up nicely. For me personally, web 2.0 means user generated content. Old school, means I supply the content and you look at it. That takes a large amount of effort on my part. The sites that are popular today, don't work like that, they depend on the user to ad unique content.

Web 3.0, doesn't really exist yet, but if it ever does. My guess is like Weblords link suggests, it will be made of sites that allow the user to use and share the same information accross multiple sites, among other things. For instance you build one profile on the web 3.0 site and when you go to the various web 2.0 sites you click a link that says upload my profile info. Of course that is only one example.

•••
The Past -
Web 1.0 :
You search for and hope you find a page with the info you need. :-/

The Present -
Web 2.0:
You find many sites referrancing each other about that info, and you track it from there. :]

The Future -
Web 3.0:
You go to one of just a handful of systems you normally go to, tell it the info you seek and it finds where it is to present it to you. Bye-Bye most "search engines" as we know them today - links too are few, as own computer and one site will display it for you. :tri:

Web 4.0:
When it finds and retrives that info for you, it then, using what you requested, former requests of yours, commonly world-wide related search stats, etc, and offers to retrieve related date pertenant to your original request. All done while you only searched for one term. :kickass:

Web 5.0:
Computers, having been programmed to be "smarter" than most of the now couch-potatoe human race, decide to tell you "I am sorry, but the computer network has determined that you have no need for that info, therefore I must refuse to comply with your data request. Complaining or attempting to bypass this sytem will lead to your immediate extermination. Are you sure you wish to procceed?" :'(

•••
I do not know but will you please guys tell me who named it like web 1.0 and web 2.0. Is there any community who named it in this manner or some work less people start calling web 2.0

•••
tcxy said:
I do not know but will you please guys tell me who named it like web 1.0 and web 2.0. Is there any community who named it in this manner or some work less people start calling web 2.0
W3.org
Tim Berners-Lee
Web 2.0

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back