Dynadot

What is best way to sell 5 domains portfolio in 2 weeks?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Somnath Muluk

Established Member
Impact
Last year, I had purchased some domains. I am new in this buy/sell domain business. I also don't know, these domains are good or not also. I have a 5 domains for sale. How should I move this process fast as domains are expiring in month and I don't know I should renew also or not.

My question it, how do I move these fast? What is the best way to sell bulk domains at once? I don't mind taking a hit if it'll save me some time. I know 5 domains is not a lot to even call bulk.

Here the list to help provide context, so I can get the best advice.

Any thoughts are real appreciated!

Please let me know if I'm not allowed to list names here - not trying to list to get around commissions in any way. These are not for sale yet here. I am checking afternic method since 1 week. No one is replying. Also I tried selling 2 domains for 20$ on Flippa, 1 got 5 views and expired auction and 2nd also didn't got any views. I am regretting why I entered this business.

P.S.
---------
LoveCalculator.org
WeeklyMen.com
FoolTest.com
NewsGoViral.com
HowToDoz.com

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These are not good names, maybe reason why they are not selling. Generally, domains are not liquid assets. It takes time and knowledge to sell domains. You should strive to buy domains that sell themselves.

•••
These are not good names, maybe reason why they are not selling. Generally, domains are not liquid assets. It takes time and knowledge to sell domains. You should strive to buy domains that sell themselves.
How do I sell these 5 fast? Which type of domains get higher returns for say 3-7 years?

•••
•••
Did you read the reply at all?
Yes. I meant, I understand these might not be that great domain names of 1k above. But can't it get value in hundreds of dollars each. Godaddy show lots of valuation.
And 2nd question is which type of domains get sell themselves so I can buy them for next 3 to 7 years.

•••
somnath, you need to go back and read josytal’s response to your question again, your names suck, no one is going to give you anything for them regardless of where you have them listed at...sorry

•••
somnath, you need to go back and read josytal’s response to your question again, your names suck, no one is going to give you anything for them regardless of where you have them listed at...sorry
Okay. I have brought wrong domain names. Not single domain is good? Let them expire. No need to to renew domain. Is there anyone domain that I should renew?

Is there any guidelines or how to buy good domains for 3 to 7 years like other assets? Budget for single domain can be 100$ to 500$. Returns should be above 15% CAGR

•••
Okay. I have brought wrong domain names. Not single domain is good? Let them expire. No need to to renew domain. Is there anyone domain that I should renew?

Is there any guidelines or how to buy good domains for 3 to 7 years like other assets? Budget for single domain can be 100$ to 500$. Returns should be above 15% CAGR

if that's your budget range, there are plenty of a good domain name that definitely you can purchase at a reseller price, maybe keep an eye on Namepros auction, or any other auction marketplace website, but I would suggest to only buy .com if you want to invest for long-term.

•••
if that's your budget range, there are plenty of a good domain name that definitely you can purchase at a reseller price, maybe keep an eye on Namepros auction, or any other auction marketplace website, but I would suggest to only buy .com if you want to invest for long-term.

Okay. Can I do auctions of these 5 domains one by one parallel here at namepros? What is cost ? If that is less then I can launch auctions, so that I can get at least some buying amount? Those which don't get sold, that I will not renew.

•••
Okay. Can I do auctions of these 5 domains one by one parallel here at namepros? What is cost ? If that is less then I can launch auctions, so that I can get at least some buying amount? Those which don't get sold, that I will not renew.
if you insist to liquify your 5 domain name, use NameLiquidate.com, if you're lucky, you can sell your domain name for reg-fee, at least.

And listing an auction at namepros is free, but don't waste your time, you probably won't be able to sell it here and the thing is you can only post one auction listing at a time.

•••
if you insist to liquify your 5 domain name, use NameLiquidate.com, if you're lucky, you can sell your domain name for reg-fee, at least.

And listing an auction at namepros is free, but don't waste your time, you probably won't be able to sell it here and the thing is you can only post one auction listing at a time.
Thanks for your guidance. I will check both the options.

•••
Domain GoDaddy Value
fooltest.com 1325
howtodoz.com 1136
lovecalculator.org 2406 <-- huge profitable niche astro/love
newsgoviral.com 1086
weeklymen.com 1465

if you want to sell them fast
List them on this forum with a fixed bin that you would like
and copy paste the Godaddy-Value

my 2 cents
Hal

•••
I’ve seen worse names. Nothing I’d buy but not all terrible.

But they might take twenty years to sell or might never sell at all - which you could say about good names too, especially depending on the asking price.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There is no cost to start an auction here on NamePros. That does not guarantee they will sell. As a new member you are allowed 2 active marketplace listings, so pick your top 2 and try auctioning those first. After one of those auctions complete you can add another. Your account level is allowed 2 bumps a day, that you can use to increase auction visibility.

Another option is that you could have multiple of the names in one auction, which just counts as one of your active marketplace listings. You could either do it that the winner can pick one of the domains, or auction them in parallel.

I share some hints about optimizing NamePros auctions in a NamePros Blog post.

Best wishes.

Bob

PS there are of course other sales venue choices possible, like auctioning or placing them with low bids at the registrar you have them at, or liquidation services like NameLiquidate. Be careful about placing too much attention on the value proposed by automated valuations. A ton of names with $1200 valuations will never sell even for $12. Automated valuators have their place, in my opinion, as a sorting/screening tool and for the information they provide on comparator sales or keyword dynamics. The automated value may sometimes help or hurt selling a name, but they should only play a tiny role in evaluation of good domain names to acquire. Who could benefit from the domain name is always the most important consideration.

PPS The .net version of LoveCalculator did sell for $2400, which is encouraging, but it was more than a decade ago. Not sure if a name like HowToDoz would be close enough to be seen as a How To site for Doing various things. There are many sales of names that start with HowTo (here is a list) I don't think this one is strong, but someone might like to use it. I also looked at what DOZ means as acronym, but other than dozen, which does not fit with HowTo, I didn't see anything. Always ask who would use this domain name.

PPS If they were mine, I would concentrate effort on LoveCalculator, as someone mentioned above, which, even though .org instead of .com, has the best prospects in my mind. It is a big sector in terms of online matching, etc. (I don't say from experience :xf.smile: - there was no Internet when I met the love of my life :xf.grin:), and .org works for the sector I think. As well as that would work as a writer, blogger, influencer site, or perhaps as a calculator app that people would love. Some like gimmicky marketing like that, and it is easily remembered and spelled.

Last edited:
•••
LoveCalculator.org - would be awesome if dot com, for ''org'' slim chance I'd say. But combination itself is good.
Rule #1. - stick with dot com.

WeeklyMen.com - makes no sence
Rule #2. - think, would you buy yourself such name? If so - for what kind of business? If can't answer - don't buy.

FoolTest.com - compact, but negative word in it. That most likely will not sell well.
Rule #3. - don't buy ''negative'' words.

NewsGoViral.com - this one definetely has a chance, if lucky. Downside - it's three words. You can sell three words for sure, but normally first need to see if there are better alternatives with same word (''news'' in this case), but combination of two only.
Rule #4 - shorter is better (leave three words for later, when you more experienced).

HowToDoz.com - bad. To me it associates with ''dose'' when drug addict injecting a needle. Unless DOZ is some abbreviation which means something superpositive - I'd never touch such name.
See rules #2 and #3.

Read, learn, buy little by little, try to sell. Success will come. Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Bob Hawkes and @VadimK Iberica . You have given good guidance on how to move ahead. I will check how to do auction and how to buy domains is also good.

•••
Q:

Is there a trusted proven member or members that as an advisor will partner on a % share of the sale of a good .com domain and use their expertise and experience in how to get a domain sold quicker at an auction or otherwise?

•••
Q:

Is there a trusted proven member or members that as an advisor will partner on a % share of the sale of a good .com domain and use their expertise and experience in how to get a domain sold quicker at an auction or otherwise?

You can try to post this thread in Networkin - ''Meet n Greet'' section of this site, but I highly doubt you'll succeed. People here who can tell you with the probability of 80% if certain domain will sell, when and for how much - are extremely busy managing their own carefully selected portfolios (and huge ones, in many cases).
The other thing - to tell you that certain domain will be sold, implies that you already have this domain (or about to buy). So, means, you already found it. And if you did - you possess the degree of knowledge you need to make the decision. Otherwise someone will have to search domains for you, just like he is doing for himself and for people who already making good money, it makes no sence.

My opinion is that that's the path you need to walk along. Sure of course with all the help of sources and a community, but finding strategies that work, yourself. It's like going to school, really.

Best of luck!

•••
Concerning the free NP auction threads, I think that you also need to take into account that you have no previous trade experience on NP.

This may limit the price that other members are prepared to risk on an auction where there is no guarantee that you are the owner of said domain names. It might be best to also list on other platforms where domain ownership is verified and buyers are offered a degree of protection by the platform.

•••
Thanks Craig, great point about guaranteed ownership.

The same domains are already on Afternic, GoDaddy Auction and Dan.com and I should mention that here - will do.

•••
•••
There is no cost to start an auction here on NamePros. That does not guarantee they will sell. As a new member you are allowed 2 active marketplace listings, so pick your top 2 and try auctioning those first. After one of those auctions complete you can add another. Your account level is allowed 2 bumps a day, that you can use to increase auction visibility.

Another option is that you could have multiple of the names in one auction, which just counts as one of your active marketplace listings. You could either do it that the winner can pick one of the domains, or auction them in parallel.

I share some hints about optimizing NamePros auctions in a NamePros Blog post.

Best wishes.

Bob

PS there are of course other sales venue choices possible, like auctioning or placing them with low bids at the registrar you have them at, or liquidation services like NameLiquidate. Be careful about placing too much attention on the value proposed by automated valuations. A ton of names with $1200 valuations will never sell even for $12. Automated valuators have their place, in my opinion, as a sorting/screening tool and for the information they provide on comparator sales or keyword dynamics. The automated value may sometimes help or hurt selling a name, but they should only play a tiny role in evaluation of good domain names to acquire. Who could benefit from the domain name is always the most important consideration.

PPS The .net version of LoveCalculator did sell for $2400, which is encouraging, but it was more than a decade ago. Not sure if a name like HowToDoz would be close enough to be seen as a How To site for Doing various things. There are many sales of names that start with HowTo (here is a list) I don't think this one is strong, but someone might like to use it. I also looked at what DOZ means as acronym, but other than dozen, which does not fit with HowTo, I didn't see anything. Always ask who would use this domain name.

PPS If they were mine, I would concentrate effort on LoveCalculator, as someone mentioned above, which, even though .org instead of .com, has the best prospects in my mind. It is a big sector in terms of online matching, etc. (I don't say from experience :xf.smile: - there was no Internet when I met the love of my life :xf.grin:), and .org works for the sector I think. As well as that would work as a writer, blogger, influencer site, or perhaps as a calculator app that people would love. Some like gimmicky marketing like that, and it is easily remembered and spelled.

I truly appreciate how collected and patient you were in providing this response to beginner queries. And it is exactly these kind of responses that lift up the forum by provide excellent help. I learned a lot just by reading a few responses here. For instance, I did not know about NameLiquidate by Epik and I liked their auction model. I wasn't there to liquidate, but I found some decent names there and picked them up.

Also, I could not agree with you more about automated valuators. Those tools can start painting a rough picture, but cannot ever be trusted blindly by any stretch of imagination. Ultimately, domains names are picked up by humans and used by humans. Besides that, one learns valuation by experience.

Personally, I've only recently started investing in certain niche domains, but from my beginner perspective, I can suggest to newcomers to never assume domains as assets that are guaranteed to sell and, more so, be profitable just because you bought them with high hopes. I find so many incredibly bad names registered that I am surprised and surely, I myself, have bought a bunch of garbage names based on impulse or some personal preference! :xf.grin: It takes a lot of patience and experience to make any headway in today's market. I think @lock said it perfectly when he mentioned this in another thread, "Question is how may liabilities are we renewing." in response to a question about domains being assets.

So, enjoy the bumpy ride and be wiser from your mistakes.

•••
@xynames @UncleBrand @Bob Hawkes @VadimK Iberica @DomainGaze.com

Unfortunately my both domain auctions were closed unsold LoveCalculator.org and WeeklyMen.com. I am left with only one week now.

So I started 2nd option of Name Liquidate and trying to sell all 5 domains there. Let's see if I am able to recover at least my purchase price.

•••
@xynames @UncleBrand @Bob Hawkes @VadimK Iberica @DomainGaze.com

Unfortunately my both domain auctions were closed unsold LoveCalculator.org and WeeklyMen.com. I am left with only one week now.

So I started 2nd option of Name Liquidate and trying to sell all 5 domains there. Let's see if I am able to recover at least my purchase price.

In my opinion, there GoDaddy auctions (and 90% the other auctions) are complete waste of time. Too many people submitting just about anything, too few people buying...NameLiquidate is better, try it.
But generally, the rule of thumb here is to have domain names that people will type in and land to your landing page. The other thing - be on afternic.com, and also sedo.com
But first, second and third in this game - quality, quality and quality of the domain name...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back