Dynadot

discuss What if your domain "Does Not Speak For Itself"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
what do you do then?

you add an adjective, like "premium, brandable, pronounceable, aged, estabot, alexa, bb listed, etc etc in hopes of hyping the name beyond the apparent.

if it applies, how has it worked for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most average domains only speak to a handful of individuals in the world.

I would argue that nearly any domain, that makes sense, will attract an enduser at some point.

The real question is how long will that take.

•••
IMO "adjectives" like premium, brandable, amazing etc are mostly opinions and don't work.

"Facts", like BB-accepted, x-visitors-a-day, similar sales etc work better.

•••
IMO "adjectives" like premium, brandable, amazing etc are mostly opinions and don't work.

"Facts", like BB-accepted, x-visitors-a-day, similar fake sales etc work better.

•••
Unfortunately, those adjectives have been twisted and abused to death by domainers :)
In my domaining 'dictionary' they translate as follows:

Premium: the price tag not the domain. Idiot.
Brandable: (adj.) the opposite of pronounceable
BB-accepted: listed and yet unsold.
CVCV domain: 3urd.com is a CVCV domain, because a digit is a 'character' too.
Aged: I just renewed this domain.
Search volume: 120,000,000 results in Google

•••
You call it a dictionary word. I remember first seeing that and thinking, aren't all words in the dictionary. I wonder who the first person was who used that to sell.

It's kind of like (bad analogy time) you're setting up your best friend on a blind date and they ask you about them. You don't talk about how they look, their job, if they love their mama, their personality, if they're funny, you just say, they're breathing.

•••
•••
•••
•••
"C"=consonant, not character, a number is not a consonant.

•••

Sure if you are selling to another domainer. To an end user most of this doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what you are selling, you spin it. You add words and descriptions that exploit any possible benefits and you mask anything negative.

•••
•••
•••
Maybe now she does. If she had known previously she wouldn't have stated "3urd.com is a CVCV domain".

Then I challenge you to make sense of what a CCC.com domain is......

•••
Maybe now she does. If she had known previously she wouldn't have stated "3urd.com is a CVCV domain".

She was just making fun of sellers who try to twist and change words that descibe domain names. All of her examples are 'incorrect'

•••
She was just making fun of sellers who try to twist and change words that descibe domain names. All of her examples are 'incorrect'
If you look it the structure of her post, she's saying that stating that a name is a CVCV is incorrect as it can mean anything.

Premium: the price tag not the domain. Idiot.
Brandable: (adj.) the opposite of pronounceable
BB-accepted: listed and yet unsold.
Aged: I just renewed this domain.
Search volume: 120,000,000 results in Google

She's saying [Incorrectly stated by seller]:[What it really means]
In this instance she got the [what it really means] part wrong.

Unless I'm not comprehending her post correctly at all.

•••
Then I challenge you to make sense of what a CCC.com domain is......

ccc.com IS a CCC.com, so is bbb.com, or bcb.com, but 3cc.com isn't a CCC.com.

(PS. Nice profile pic)

•••
Or finding better friends.
If you look it the structure of her post, she's saying that stating that a name is a CVCV is incorrect as it can mean anything.

She's saying [Incorrectly stated by seller]:[What it really means]
In this instance she got the [what it really means] part wrong.

Unless I'm not comprehending her post correctly at all.

You aren't comprehending her post correctly at all.

@Kate (facepalm)

•••
You aren't comprehending her post correctly at all.
@Kate (facepalm)

Ok I see it now. I apologise. No need for facepalming, unless you do it really really hard, and put it on youtube.

•••
I was being ironic of course.
:)

•••
imo made up words rarely speak well, although seem to do well in sales

Two word brandables can be killer and say all they need to say if you get it right. Plus this is a trend that we are seeing.

•••

Ok I see it now. I apologise. No need for facepalming, unless you do it really really hard, and put it on youtube.

Missed a 'D' as a vowel in a CVCV ("character", vowel) ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back