Domain Empire

question What if you only had a year to live

NameSilo
Watch
What would you do if you found out that you only have a year to live.
There's no fixed date, so it could be 6 months or 2 years - but you will die soon-ish.

How would you spend your next year:
- you would stop buying since you cant be sure if you'll have enough time to sell for profit
- increase outbound marketing
- sell one of your kidneys (you don't really need it anyway) and buy some LLL.coms :-P
- dump everything at reseller prices and just go traveling, spend more time with family etc

Do you ever think about your mortality when investing in names? :xf.eek:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why wait.....We should all live like we are dying, because we will someday :xf.wink:

•••
I would kick everyone who annoyed me ;)

Well if its limited about domaining , i will sell all my portfolio and go after a holiday trip

Last edited:
•••
I would use my last year telling everyone who was interested that I am going to live forever because Jesus Christ died for me on the cross, and for them too if they would receive his free Gift of eternal life, same as I do now but with more urgency, as far as domains I would give my sons access to my names and explain the process to them, my wife just doesn't get it.
Joe T

•••
I would kick everyone who annoyed me ;)

Well if its limited about domaining , i will sell all my portfolio and go after a holiday trip
i think same. lets start the process lol

•••
Apply as may credit cards as I can and spend the money for my relatives, friends and Namepros members.

•••
Domaining is a passion. For a few it is a profession that they earn their living from, for others a great hobby, that kicks them a few hundred or few thousand every now and again. Bit like opal or gold fossicking, getting under the skin. But people do that with the knowledge they'll have the life to spend it in, in the future.

If you know your going to die you don't spend time domaining. You use every moment left to live life. And share with loved ones. I wouldn't domain a second more after the news.

To carry on domaining with a year left to live, would be like the engineer of the Titanic, (passionate and proud as he must of been of his huge engines and his role) deciding to stay below and see if he can get some more speed out of them as the Titanic sank. I doubt he did that!

Last edited:
•••
If we know the date or time interval of death then we would not be able to do anything instead of only thinking and scaring.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back