Domain Empire

What if you had a short keyword with a dash in the middle?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
disclosure: I don't currently own any domain names with a dash (-) in it except 1.. and that's for a good reason.. because generally it looks bad.. and it's hard to type. but the 1 dash name I own is 4 characters long.. and I want some opinions from NP members about choosing this name to develop a legit site on it.

but there's a short single keyword for .com that I like.. and when I put a dash in the middle.. it still looks okay to me..

but before deciding to develop the site.. just want to get some feedback about what other people think about a building a brand around a name with a dash in it..

I don't want to give the exact domain name I'm talking about.. yet.. but I will give other examples of what I mean:
1. lo-ve.com
2. ki-ss.com

please offer any feedback for choosing a name with a dash in it for building a developed site. Just curious about options on dashes in a name for developing real a real site. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do you pronounce those ? Awkward...

Also..one could create several variations like
Lov-e
L-ove
Lo--ve

Etc

•••
but before deciding to develop the site.. just want to get some feedback about what other people think about a building a brand around a name with a dash in it..
How do you pronounce those ? Awkward...

Also..one could create several variations like
Lov-e
L-ove
Lo--ve

Etc

Good points.. but it's 4 characters long.. so the dash goes in the middle so it looks more balanced..
lo-ve.com

and it's a .com so it doesn't confuse anyone too much, not like with nGTLDs. Just a counter-point to your good point.

•••
I wouldn't rule it out completely, but while you pronounce Love as "luv", Lo-ve would probably need to be spelled out like el-oh-dash-vee-ee

•••
Stay away from these hack domain. Hyphen makes them more ambiguous and confusing...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back