IT.COM

.tv What I picked up on May 1st .TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Here's what I picked up so far. Visa is not happy with me. . . .LOL

Maybe they will sponsor me and all my sites...?

Tutorial.tv
Honeymoon.tv
Anna.tv
Niagara.tv

I have some other catchy ones if anyone wants to partner for development. I have now about 80 plus with 200 ready to go.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
huckour said:
Someone (a friend in media industry) told me 10 minutes before the release that in the next 1 month a big television network (i am very qurious to find out) will buy all the top premium names at once.

He told me also that .tv domains will be in the next 2 years like real estate in miami...

I hope all this become reality because i have invest in:

woman.tv
med.tv
director.tv
flv.tv
bad.tv

Congrats to all Premium Domainers and good luck for all of us!

nice names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Bad.tv is an excellent reg, imo.

•••
flv.TV will have trademark issues....coz flv (flash Video is a trademark of adobe systems)...The other ones are good...but did you buy woman.TV for BIN..coz it was not listed few days back....

•••
huckour said:
Someone (a friend in media industry) told me 10 minutes before the release that in the next 1 month a big television network (i am very qurious to find out) will buy all the top premium names at once.

He told me also that .tv domains will be in the next 2 years like real estate in miami...

Nice rumor Sir, especially when you go on the record with it.......should be able to shopping for that aston martin then.......ask for a date please, so I kniow when I need to come up with a deposit.... B-)

•••
What happens if someone buys a premium that probably has TM issues???

He looses his money???

PS: flv can mean a numerous things

•••
I know allthings that it will end as a rumour but sometimes you don't know...

Anyway i would like to say that you have done a very good work in allthings.tv

Keep UP the good work!

•••
huckour said:
I know allthings that it will end as a rumour but sometimes you don't know...

Anyway i would like to say that you have done a very good work in allthings.tv

Keep UP the good work!

Many thank yous!!!

James

•••
Makis77 said:
What happens if someone buys a premium that probably has TM issues???

He looses his money???

PS: flv can mean a numerous things
If they want it - YES. Or you can spend the $6000-$7000 to TRY to keep the name in a UDRP case.

Although MOST of the time it can be won (at a cost), there has been a recent number of cases that a three letter generic acronym has been awarded to the complainant. You really should read and understand the UDRP policy and process;
http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-policy-24oct99.htm

There is a live Word Mark TM for "FLV Player" ;
Computer software for graphical applications, namely, for the creation, delivery, editing and viewing of digital media, namely, video, sound, animation, graphics, text, music and virtual reality.
But not for the letters FLV that I have found.

Last edited:
•••
SX.tv

Well, I hadn't even heard about the premium release until reading this thread today. Checked out the list and splurged bigtime with a single registration!

I picked up SX.TV -- for less than someone bought my BestMusic.TV that I let drop (see my "Weep with me" thread)! I figure if someone thinks BestMusic.TV was worth $1300, SX.TV is already worth a lot more than I spent!

It's the first LL.anything I've ever owned, and the closest I'll ever come to owning SEX.anything!

What do you think? Worthwhile reg? I'm happy!

:tu:

•••
cybertonic said:
The big TV net buying most of premium look likes a joke.
In fact the main problem is not the premium acquisition pricing but the renewal pricing model.
It obligates buyers to quickly resell them or develop them and make money to cover the igh renewal costs year after year.

To be honest I think any of the big media companies can afford a couple of million a year if it gives them premium tv space on the internet. They have the budgets and more importantly the content and reach to make it work. Any domain is online real estate. Just like in the real world the better the location the better your business. So to, the better your .TV the better chances of resell or branding. JMO

•••
It's absurd. It's not because you have millions you spend millions.
Company spend money to get a return on investment and not lose money!
It can make sense they purchase a colection of dot TV of intertest, most is absurd.

•••
cybertonic said:
It's absurd. It's not because you have millions you spend millions.
Company spend money to get a return on investment and not lose money!
It can make sense they purchase a colection of dot TV of intertest, most is absurd.

I think it is safe to assume that when it was written "most", it meant most of the premiums that fit their niche. I don't think it means they will be going after Bulgaria.tv

•••
Media Company Internet History

NBC - Snap.com
ABC - Go.com
CBS - Storerunner.com, Marketwatch.com, and Sportsline.com

2 out of 3 were failures.

One of the big 3 buying TV might not be the best thing for the extension. I remember all the buzz post-launch of snap.com. It didn't rule the world like many thought.

•••
SearchingTV said:
I think it is safe to assume that when it was written "most", it meant most of the premiums that fit their niche. I don't think it means they will be going after Bulgaria.tv
Yeah, but you have to admit, seeing Rupert Murdoch come in and sweep up all the last premiums would be pretty interesting.

Makes you wonder what the combined cost of the last premiums would be.

•••
Hey, I own Bulgaria.TV! I have also had many mid XXXX offers on it:) Certainly fits someone's niche.

•••
SKG said:
Hey, I own Bulgaria.TV! I have also had many mid XXXX offers on it:) Certainly fits someone's niche.

And I can bear witness to that!! I hear about these offers from SKG evry day - makes my blood boil :laugh:

•••
ALLTHINGS.TV said:
And I can bear witness to that!! I hear about these offers from SKG evry day - makes my blood boil :laugh:

I think at this point it would be a good idea for everyone to send their offers directly to AllThings.tv. Call it an experiment.

•••
SKG said:
Alas, I can only hope for the reds in Russia to overthrow democracy, reconquer all the baltic states and form the 2nd Soviet Union. Then watch the offers flow in :lol:

Or maybe the krgyzstans can make an economic comback :gl:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back