Domain Empire

What I learned about Sedo auctions (from rep)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
Just got off a call with sedo rep. I've been meaning to contact sedo after some failed sedo auctions and missed opportunities to push OFFERS to free sedo auction.

Here's what I learned.

1. Calling sedo reps is a pain as the recording says they are busy and then refer you to their help section and see if the info there can answer you questions. Then the automated recording tells you to call back later.
2. (4 calls later) finally got a live person.
3. Once you get an offer on sedo and let's say you are the type who checks their emails every other day? Well if you open the email 2-3 DAYS later. And decide to push that offer to free auction you actually LOSE those 2-3 days from the usual 7 day paid auction.

I thought that pushing the domain would mean I get a seven day auction. I don't think this is mentioned on sedo. Or I missed it. So please keep that in mind. Always check your emails daily and respond to sedo offers immediately to get the full 7 days sedo auction . That is if pushing offers to Free Sedo auction is your typical thing to do.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You got a live person on a Saturday morning, sounds like good service from Sedo

•••
You got a live person on a Saturday morning, sounds like good service from Sedo

lol sorry. this thread was created during a weekday and not today. I forgot to hit "Post" as I was mobile at the time of writing.

Sedo is definitely closed on Weekends.

•••
The initial bid is the trigger of the auction clock. So checking emails is a must. If the email acceptance was the clock trigger, domainers would be worring about what day of the week to end the auction, or make the bidder sweat it out and delay the start. Good Luck on the auction

•••
The initial bid is the trigger of the auction clock. So checking emails is a must. If the email acceptance was the clock trigger, domainers would be worring about what day of the week to end the auction, or make the bidder sweat it out and delay the start. Good Luck on the auction

yea that sucks since from what I've heard the best time to start an auction would be Sunday around midnight which is when most people are home. but thinking of this I realized it doesn't really matter since domaining biz is worldwide with many time zones. so it's a crap shoot. and makes things more difficult.

Another thing I learned from the rep is if you get an offer and say you opened the email say on the 3rd day. to RESET the clock so to speak. It's best to counter.

problem is then if and when or if ever the person who made the offer will counter.

Their counter offer will reset the clock back to day 1 of your free Sedo domain auction push.

so decision needs to be made there. push to auction when you've lost 3 days? or counter and risk not getting no counter offer?

I'm guessing then it's best to counter close to the offer but not too close that they might actually accept it. lol

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back