IT.COM

What hosting should I get for my wordpress site?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello guys, I made a classifieds website based on wordpress. I'm thinking to get a GoDaddy hosting account. Do you recommend me something else? Why?
Many thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have Bluehost for several months now and they have been great so far. I had one technical issues and it was resolved immediately. I never had Godaddy hosting before but I have not ready many good things about it. Many people have complained about downtime and other small problems. But, they are good for hosting your domains.

•••
Thank you for the fast answer Smiler. I have not read anything good about GoDaddy too, but it is the most comfortable solution for me. I'll have a look at the Bluehost and let you know.

•••
Do not take Godaddy hosting. They have lots of issues and have lots of bad reviews.

For a classifieds site, you won't have too much heavy requirements and so a decent shared hosting should do. I have been using certified hosting and have been very happy.
I also recently launched a classifieds site last month based on wordpress and have had no preoblems.

PM me for more details.

•••
Hello,

I'd recommend avoiding Godaddy as their support is slow and their servers are very sluggish.

Just about any cPanel based host can support Wordpress so the best thing to do is shortlist some hosts that you like the look of and then search for some reviews.

I can offer you a great deal on a Litespeed based cPanel account with a 1 click Wordpress installer. PM me for details.

Thanks,
Jack

•••
I'd recommend avoiding Godaddy as their support is slow and their servers are very sluggish.

And getting more sluggish as time goes on - at least in my experience.

•••
I have Hostgator and their service and support have been good.

I used Lunarpages for a LONG time and never had a single complaint.

Always look for slick deals though before signing up.

•••
I hang in several forums that are WordPress only and both Bluehost and Hostgator are highly used and recommended. I have a VPS account with Hostgator and there support is A+ and support staff is knowledgeable with WordPress.

•••
What sort of budget do you have? Any other specific requirements? This will help us to point you in the right direction

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back