Dynadot

What hosting for wordpress micro-minisites?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi i m planning to build 5-6 microsites with wordpress so i need hosting with database.
Do i need 1 hosting which offer more databases (5-6)
Or do i need 5-6 hosting programs with 1 database?
I m confused, there are some programs that offer unlimited databases.:|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should be able to run those 5-6 minisites on 1 hosting account.

•••
Typically a hosting plan allows the hosting of multiple domains/websites. You should look for how many "addon domains" you're allowed. There are some hosting packages limit you to only one domain.

Then there's the issue of how many databases they allow you to create. Usually, there's no limit on this.

Definitely talk to the host prior to spending any money. ;)

•••
you need to get an Unlimited Web Hosting.

•••
you need to get an Unlimited Web Hosting.

Actually I'd advise against going for a hosting plan that offers unlimited disk space and/or bandwidth. I'd recommend the following hosts based on other people's experience from Web Hosting Talk.

Knownhost
Downtownhost
Medialayer

•••
Actually I'd advise against going for a hosting plan that offers unlimited disk space and/or bandwidth. I'd recommend the following hosts based on other people's experience from Web Hosting Talk.

I agree - I'd also advise against an unlimited hosting provider. The OP is definitely better off with a reliable hosting provider that has clear resource limitations

•••
RSKK.
Yes, it is wise to find a host that offer you 10 database in case you need to create more
No need to go for unlimited one...

•••
Not sure if there's any host that offers something that enables you to manage hundreds of wordpress sites easily. Like when you need to upgrade to a new version, you can do this by a single click. Otherwise, it's just a nightmare when you have many wordpress sites.

•••
Before you sign up for any hosting plan make sure you read feedbacks from current and previous customers to determine if the hosting company is right for your needs and if its reliable.

•••
I host 15 sites on a Hostgator shared account for 10 bucks a month. I'm sure there are cheaper solutions but the support is awesome with Hostgator. They'll do anything for you.

•••
S shared multidomain hosting should be good enough. But choose the good provider, otherwise you are risking to waste funds.

•••
shared hosting hosting should be fine for you.

•••
I just finished a wordpress site for a client. 50 mini-sites run off wordpress on one $7 hosting plan on Hostgator. May be your best bet.

•••
mate try blue host, host gator, or servage whom are providing unlimited space and databases

•••
Now im thinking of:
Hostgator Baby Plan for 7,96 per month
or
Bluehost for 6,95 per month - here i cant find if this price is for under 1 year or more or it is same?

•••
Bluehost for 6,95 per month

That price is for 12 months prepayment. There's not monthly billing option at Bluehost.

With both hosts the pricing is explained quite understandably during the ordering process, before you have to hit the final order button.

•••
I've been with bluehost for several years and host around 80 sites off one account for $xx per year. Lots of extras. Helpful staff when I have silly questions. Highly recommended.

•••
Hi i m planning to build 5-6 microsites with wordpress so i need hosting with database.
Do i need 1 hosting which offer more databases (5-6)
Or do i need 5-6 hosting programs with 1 database?
I m confused, there are some programs that offer unlimited databases.:|

You can get a shared plan for this for around $5/month. I recommend downtownhost.

The "unlimited" hosts are simply liars. They are overselling their product. Most hosts do oversell, but I have found that hosts who offer "unlimited" services are always the slowest and have the worst support.

•••
I have been with many hosts and in your case I would recommend hostgator. Their hosting is excellent, they support is excellent, and its relative fairly priced. If you have any problems at Hostgator, the support staff is super friendly and will help you with almost anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back