NameSilo

discuss What do you think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in at the moment.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So I was wondering....

As some of you already know, I am a big fan of ccTLD. Especially ccTLD's in emerging markets.

What do you guys think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in currently?

My Picks are:
.co.za (obvioulsy ;))
.in
.ng

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
1. .in : India is so huge that this extension will grow for decades
2. .co : marketing and adoption is picking up for this one
3. .fr : still largely undervalued compared to .de and .co.uk

•••
Invested in .co.uk / .co in past and have earned good from it.

But Now Investing only in .IN & .CO.IN

Reasons for the Same

1) Fastest Major Growing Economy in The World.
2) 2nd Most Populous Country/Internet Users In World after China..
3) Indian Government’s New Slogan - Switch from .COM to .IN
4) Signs of Major Explosion around the corner - 6 to 12 months max.
5) It can be used for variety of meanings, dot IN for dot INternational, INternet, INcorporated , INC , INsurance , many possibilities exist and of course dot IN for dot INdia!
6) Around 2 Million Domains are registered so there are plenty of gems still available to hand-reg.

•••
Is .in being voted so much simply because India is so huge? I agree that it will become one of the best.

I don't expect extensions like .co.uk or .co.za will become as good as some others because they seem limited due to there being a co and then the country.

please read this presentation at domainx - http://our.in/domainx-2016-in-short-domains-investment-opportunities-presentation/

It covers some of the important aspects..
I can also add few more..
1) .IN registration ,renewal and transfer prices are a way competitive than several extensions available
2) .IN can be used as a hack like honda.in/europe , honda.in/amerca..etc , also can be used as a domain hack like Berl.in
3) Great brand potential
4) its backed by government , no games like pump and dump played by several new gtld registries themselves
5) massive internet infrastructure growth in India ... I can tell the whole eco system is fully ready for growth

I cant see a reason why .IN can't be the next hot extension.. anyone has any reasons , feel free to share. i want to understand the risks too..

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
1 .in
2 .in
3 .in

I completely agree with many of the others above, the .IN extension is now at the cusp of a major explosion that will create enormous long term growth in value. I can anticipate that by early next year or end of this year, most, if not all domainers will be investing into .in

I also see the appeal of other extensions such as .uk, .io, .ru and .co (which is used to invest into quite heavily at one point) but to be honest, I've sold off 98% of my other extensions now, to reinvest into .in and PURELY concentrate on what I believe is the future extension of domaining worldwide, the .in extension just has much more stable and longer term potential than any other extension.

•••
My humble opinion.
I am new to domaining, I have only spent 2 months doing market research.
However, it seems to me that CCTLD's will increase in value.
Why? Because in the UK, .co.uk is more recognised and popular than .COM
More companies use .co.uk to promote their services or goods than .COM

I own TheLondonTutors.com and TheLondonTutors.co.uk, however, I use the .co.uk extension to market my company, because it will be easier to be seen.

If this is true to the UK, it is true to .DE, IN, .RU

Then the questions is, which countries have the most amount of wealth or people with high disposable incomes.

India, Russia and China.

Within a decade, DOT COM will begin to lose it percentage dominance and the CCTLD's will increase their dominance, more than the GTLD, For English speaking people, the most profitable CCTLD is Indian domains.

Indians have the money and their Internet user base is growing rapidly.

.IN is going to be the most popular CCTLD.

•••
1. .IN
2. .Com
3. .co

.IN is future of the world.

•••
•••
•••
.in
.co

With huge population of India and the incerease in number of internet user .in extension gonna explode in a year or two.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks for all the comments about .in names.
I've just registered NoLonger.in just for fun, and to support Brexit

•••
•••
According to me:
.io (this is the hottest now)
.in (2nd)
. co (3rd)

•••
@deez007 , I understand where you are coming from in regards to your appetite for .co.za and its always great to see someone whom has faith in their own country extesion. But you should also look at the economies and growth potential of the countries in which the respective extensions represent.

South Africa has a population of around 53 million, whilst India has a population of around 1.25 Billion, soon to overtake China in the next few years as the world's most populous country. Also India is now ranked as the fastest major growing economy in the world....the cctld will rise in conjunction with the country's growth and potential. Im afraid that, if you were to look at long term ROI, then the potential of .co.za is no where near that of .in

Last edited:
•••
lol. Indians are really promoting their extension...nice strategy.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back