Dynadot

What do you think about these plans/ rates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to know if my following promotion is good and the regular rates of the plans. I dont oversell my space. On usual i would keep 30 to 60 clients on a server depending on what the most popular plan is. So if you could take you r time and let me known i would really appreciate it.

-Get 3 months free of hosting with any of our plans:
Our Packages are

- SoloXr Plan
- 500 mb of space
- 15 gigs of badwith
- $2.00 a Month

- Pro Plan
- 1 gb of space
- 30 gigs of badwith
- $4.00 a Month

- ePro Plan
- 2 gigs of space
- 45 gigs of badwith
- $6.00 a Month

- Your Way Plan
- Pick your space
- Pick your bandwith
- Tell us a reasonable rate and the the package is yours

Get 3 months of free webhosting with any one of our plans just enter in our coupon promotion code on the order wizard(form). Just enter the following codes for any of our packages. Like if you wanted the soloxr plan enter- free soloxr, for the pro plan- free pro, and for the epro plan enter- free epro.

Free domian transfer
Limit of 15 pacakges for 15 people - 3 people have signed up already- 12
Limit of 5 packages for each package

You may leave after the 3 months are over and we will transfer your domain for free to any other company; or you could stay and countinue your service by paying the regular monthly price.

You may order your free 3 months by visitng our site at http://www.asmarterhost.com - and ordering by pushing the order now button on any pacakge you would like.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would like to know if my following promotion is good and the regular rates of the plans. I dont oversell my space
Looking at the prices - you don't make profit, you're overselling.

•••
great prices, yes... but from a business standpoint, it would never be profitable for you... you could have less headaches burning 100 dollars bills... now if that is a promotion to drive some sales, ok... just raise those prices and make it worth your while

.... unless you are getting everything for free =)

•••
Great plans :D Hope u earn something out of it too :P

•••
Well....

I price everything out on averqage of $99.00 a month so if you think about it i would only make about 10 bucks to 20 on a server. Thanks for the replys so far please countinue.

•••
1-800

I also got a 1-800 number so my clients can call for free now

•••
sweet plans....but you need to make some $$ too..:D

•••
Yes, personally I think you should lower your bandwidth and spread it out more. Most users won't need 45 GB bandwidth unless they are getting some serious traffic or they are doing media streaming. You could lower the bandwidth and if they need to upgrade then offer it for an additional charge to their monthly plan.

Nick

•••
urbanhostonline said:
Yes, personally I think you should lower your bandwidth and spread it out more. Most users won't need 45 GB bandwidth unless they are getting some serious traffic or they are doing media streaming. You could lower the bandwidth and if they need to upgrade then offer it for an additional charge to their monthly plan.

Nick
This Looks more like a Sales Promotion for your Hosting then a Discussion about it.

and yes too cheap . People who want hosting often prefer webhosting that is still operating in 6 months than one that is too cheap and goes broke.
$10 to $20 per month is way too low a margin. Simple guide to pricing , sell for at least twice (preferably more) than what you pay for it. Most users don't need a lot of bandwidth or space.

•••
Yes

But dont you think people come to the cheap webhosting company's first. Its very rare that someone will pay $10 over $2 wiith more options. I plan to be cheap at first because i want people to come to me and then later on i can raise prices for new clients. People will think of it like this "i am paying $2, $4, $6 and i have nothing to lose "

Thanks for the great reply, so far please countinue

•••
I agree, these prices are very cheap. Perhaps a bit to cheap. Personally I would never sign up to a hosting website with prices as cheap as these. My first instinct would be that you were over selling, your support would be shockingly bad, and so would the uptime. I am not saying that you ARE doing that, its just my instinct.

These plans also make you seem like a fly by night trying to make a quick buck and are not in it for the long haul.

I suggest you sit down and rethink your rates and business plan.

Good luck with your web hosting business. :)

•••
Okay

Now im thinking about raising my prices. Any suggestions for all the plans please make it reasonable.

•••
haha..hope you dont keep changing prices!...clients will run away!

•••
lol, I wont raise my prices for my old clients. Hopefully never ever

No, i wont c change it for old clients. My clients get what they signed up for and i wont raise prices on them. I will always give them more but will never change the prices. If i do change prices for my new clients it will be my first and hopefully my last.

•••
- SoloXr Plan
- 500 mb of space
- 15 gigs of badwith
- $2.00 a Month

- Pro Plan
- 1 gb of space
- 30 gigs of badwith
- $4.00 a Month

- ePro Plan
- 2 gigs of space
- 45 gigs of badwith
- $6.00 a Month

I think you could bump the SoloXr Plan up to $5, the Pro up to $7, and the ePro up to $10. Trust me, even then, you're offering a lot for the price. Most of the hosts I know like to stick to $12 for their plans once they get above 1 Gig.

I too would wonder why it would be that cheap. Remind you, that's me. I'm sure the regular client would just look at the prices and be amazed, but then again- how many people these days are really "regular clients", heh?

•••
How does this sound

Solo XR $3.99, Pro $5.99, ePro $7.99

I would like alot more responses from people about the rates and what they think about it.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in so far

•••
My post was thought to be unfair, so I have removed it.

Steve

Last edited:
•••
hmm...

1st, i do provide full 24/7 support to my clients by 6 methods which include a 1-800 #. If you dont believe me you may check my sticky on in the web hosting offer area with my clients replies.

2nd, i only asked for peoples prespective on my prices. Not their views of what type of company i am.

3rd, I wanted to people to tell me a reasonable price.

4th, I never hosted you and you never spoke to me until now and how could you judge me.

5th, I asked a simple question and not your complete view about my company eventhough you werent my client, and neither did you ever speak to me.

6th, I do may give good deals with full service. This is my way of bringing clients to me. If i may only make 10 to $20 a month its okay for me now but of course later on i can raise my prices. I want people to come to me.

7th, I appreciate you helping me out in a very unfair way.

Thank You

Can we all ignore this and countinue with the pricing reviews.

Last edited:
•••
I removed my reply as you did not see it as fair, so I will leave a much shorter reply. Your prices are too low and generally when people see prices like that they think you may be an unreliable host (not to say that you are). Also, those prices may bring in the wrong types of customers.

Steve

•••
Thanks

Thanks for the great reply i will be looking into my prices i really appreciate your time.

Thanks alot, people please countinue to reply about the rates.

•••
Your plans look great but I, myself, would pay much more for those type of plans. With those prices, you might attract beginners who require much more support than the average client.

•••
prices too low but it also depends on the target you want to reach.

•••
Raised

I raised my prices now and what do you think about them now. solo xr $3.99, pro $5.99, epro $7.99.

I dont over sell and let me know what you think about it now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back